Subject Author Posted Replies

electronic vs mechanical timer
Hi Could you please tell me which one is better electronics or mechanical time r? I want a timer for my basement dehumidifier to turn it on/off for 3-4hrs /day. I saw some timers and I was thinking...
18
18

Trailer Hinges: How To Refinish
The hinges and other hardware for my trailer doors are rusting - again. A few years ago I removed all of the hardware from my trailer doors (hinges, lock hasp, cam keepers, bar retainers, etc) and...
34
34

Easy instruction to Make Own chicken Coop
I liked the part about not disturbing the chickens when entering the building. A mink or weasel getting into the coop sure would disturb them for awhile. I remember finding the neighbor's flock dead...
7
7

Drilling Thru 12 Inch Block+Inner Wall
The wall is ceramic tile, drywall, foam, and then 12" concrete block (I can't detect any hollow). I have a 12" long masonry bit but the total wall is something like 18 inches! Is there a way of...
13
13

Attach Drywall to Sill Plate?
Hi All, I am remodeling my garage and noticed that the drywall is not attached (screwed) to the sill plate and somewhat bowed outwards at the bottom because of this. I plan on attaching 1X4s for...
11
11

Whirlpool Washer: Reads C1
My mother's washer flashes "C1". We are not overloading it. Even if we just start the machine, without any laundry in it, the water begins to run for approximately three minutes, then everything stops...
5
5

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan not running fast on High, ..... Medium and Low works
Fan is 4 to 5 years old. It probably has been having this problem for a wh ile till I decided enough is enough this summer.... I removed the remote an d connected directly to the wiring to see if that...
1
1

Advice on tricky tree felling?
At a remote location we have a couple of large oak trees that partially ove rhang or lean towards our cabin roof. These are tall, narrow profile scrub oaks, but are 50'+ high and have trunks about 2'...
26
26

OT - What can I do with the old electronics from a discarded coffee pot?
People here have lots of ideas, help! My wife's old coffee pot bit the dust mechanically, and has been replaced. I have the programmable electronic clock and controls which still work per fectly. The...
15
15

Art Bell returning to airwaves (Sirius) in September
East of the rockies, you can once again call in on the wild-card line... ================================= Art Bell returning to radio with Sirius show about the paranormal NEW YORK (AP) -- Art Bell,...

make abrupt tile edge look nice?
I don't like the way this shower tile edge meet the paint. It looks too abrupt. I guess the correct solution would be to remove one column of tile at the edge, then attach new ones with bullnose edge....
12
12

anyone own a 3-D Printer ?
it seems like these 3d printers could be a household item "someday" but the cost will probably have to come down... what useful, everyday things can you make with these? marc
11
11

OT Tracing phone calls.
OT I'm watching Kojak and they have to keep the kidnapper on the phone for what, 3 minutes, to trace the call. Of course the ciriminal knows this. But that was the 70's. Why do new crime shows still...
6
6

3 ton Floor Jack
Hi, My floor jack in the garage is pretty well had it for year of use. I am looking decent 3 ton one to replace it. Any suggestions? TIA,
15
15

Redneck Mouse trap
Drywall bucket with a gallon of antifreeze in the bottom a piece of stiff wire and a coke bottle baited with peanut butter, http://gfretwell.com/ftp/redneck-mousetrap-44323.gif