Subject Author Posted Replies

The right side of my breaker panel is warm to the touch.
Everything works but I am worried that the heat may indicate problems. Should the box be replaced?
34
34

How well do Amarr garage doors compare to Clopay garage doors?
I am getting quotes on Amarr and Clopay garage doors including installation. How well does the Amarr Stratford 1000 compare with the Clopay Value Plus garage door in guage of the metal, quality of...

replace water cutoff valve for sink?
How hard it is to obtain and replace a new water cutoff valve for under the sink? I was advised here to replace my ancient one with soft gaskets to a modern ball valve or something... is it available...
8
8

Battery powered hand vacuums
Does anyone make a good battery powered hand vacuum? My brother bought one more than 25 years ago but it only worked for one or two years and then the built in NiCd cells stopped keeping a charge. It...
7
7

what is a good garbage disposal for stainless steel sinks?
Heard that stainless steel sinks cannot sustain heavy garbage disposals and may make the disposal more noisy. I am considering either a InSinkErator Evolution Compact which is listed at 20 pounds or a...
8
8

Oil Furnace Repair
I just got an email from my wife. The repair guy from our oil company came out to do our annual tune-up on the furnace and water heater this morning. She forwarded his ovservation that "we need a new...
4
4

Shrinking a carpet?
The carpeting in my house was installed during the winter, and they apparently didn't bother heating the area and letting it expand before installation. Over the last few years the carpet has...
20
20

Tip of the day, August 14, 2013
Tired of mashing your fingers with a hammer, starting nails? Hold the nail in needle nose pliers, they don't yell "OUCH" when you hit them.

OT: Fences send the wrong message.....
There have been quite a few mysterious findings in the yard this spring and summer...exploratory excavations, strange scat, yellow jackets starting a new nest. I did have to dust the raised strawberry...
1
1

The best end cut preservative available
In an unrelated thread, one of the regulars in this forum was telling me that he had some wood preservative that was no longer made, called "Cuprinol 10" and was careful where and how he used what...
5
5

Combating new kitchen smells?
OK - here's one for you all: We just had our kitchen remodeled and except for the tile floor everything was new and top quality. That's walls, all wood cabinets, granite counters, all SS appliances,...
23
23

Generator Maintenance, Service Questions
An elderly friend of my family is moving from Florida back to the Midwest. Her husband passed away a few years ago and she's decided their property is too large and hurricanes are too much hassle for...
13
13

Tip of the day, August 13, 2013
A syringe full of grease helps when assembling things, using screws or bolts. A tiny bit of grease on the threads helps installing. And later, the threads are more likely to come apart. I used to use...
13
13

craftsman push mower
i have a craftsman eager 1 push mower where does the grass come out of if I dont have the bagger on it the grass gets clogged up and mower will shut off do you have to use the bagger when you cut...
7
7

Sparks inside the cover of push mower
I have a push mower that runs just fine. I was mowing after dark tonite and noticed there are sparks inside the cover, meaning where the pull string is located, or by the flywheel. That has me...
4
4