Subject Author Posted Replies

Space Rental Agent
This company acts as an intermediary to rent extra space homeowners might have. It's on the long list I never would've thought about as a business. <> Storage units and parking at half the cost of...
2
2

OT Fuel Economy Standards
. Vehicles sold in the U.S. need to average 40 mpg by 2026. <> The motorcycles I've had over the years didn't do much better than that. They were all rice grinders under 1000cc.
59
59

Americans and extra words
Why do Americans add extra words (especially in say an instructional video) like "now what you're gonna wanna do is open the door" instead of "open the door"?
33
33

OT. National Tater Day
<> The local TV hosts claimed there are something like 4000 varieties of potato. Excluding breakfast, a meal without some form of potato is rare. NATIONAL TATER DAY - March 31, 2022 - National Today
17
17

free I pad scsm ?
I bought something off ebay and a popup started out with win a free Ipad. They said I won, but wanted a $ 2 shipping fee. What kind of place would give out free multi hundred dollar items and want $ 2...
17
17

Jacking a door way to install header
I bought a 2 story house a few years ago. There is an 11ft wide doorway on a load bearing wall that doesn't have a proper header. It has sagged about 1 1/8 inch. I need to jack it up. Build some temp...
6
6

Shower enclosure install
I bought a Stanley shower enclosure, but the back panel sides are uneven. Whats the best way cut the panel even.
2
2

Wright's Brass Polish (2023 Update)
What's in it? Is it just sand? It's a pinkish watery fluid. Doesn't seem to work on the brass I tested it on. Is there something better for brass? What's the chemical that cleans tarnished brass best?
19
19

Can decorative concrete retaining wall blocks be used for a lakeshore wall?
Can the decorative 6"x18" concrete blocks, normally used for retaining walls, be used for a 30-36" retaining wall along a lake shore? About half of the wall will be under water during the summer but...
4
4

Refrigerator Control Board shorted-out...
**My Refrigerator Control Board shorted-out. Flames melted a JST connector. I replaced the control board. I replaced the connector. Then I checked all JST connectors that go to the control board with...
2
2

UPS circuits
If I wanted to have multiple outlets in my home on a UPS and didn't want to buy a UPS for each location, Can I put a UPS in the basement and run wires back though the house conduit to each outlet...
29
29

Toyota immobilizer key fob
Anyone have experience with the mid 2000's Toyota immobilizer kefobs? Can only the dealer get you a new one? Or can you get them online? Every outfit I called said they'd sell keys and the remote...

Smart lock with detached keypad
I need help thinking through a smart lock option. Since 1979 I've lived in a house with an attached garage. So once in the garage, I could just walk into the house, and didn't have to mess with keys....
5
5

OT. Army Standards Lowered
The Army is lowering its physical test standards since too many women were failing. <>. The Army is changing several of its fitness test exercises including the dreaded leg tucks in favor of...
5
5

Dexron VI ATF and Power Steering Fluid
Recently a visitor was low on power steering fluid which said on the cap "power steering fluid" and all I had on hand was "Dexron VI" (which is my Dexron IV replacement for my car) so I sent them on...
10
10