Subject Author Posted Replies

Erratic Refrigrator
I have a 10 year old Jennair up/down refrigerator. Last Friday both freezer and refrigerator started to get warm. Judging by the noise, the compressor was running. Saturday it kept getting warmer,...
19
19

favorite non-contact voltage detector?
Replaced the batteries in my Amprobe one that I've had for a year or so with Eneloops; it got very warm and now doesn't work even with the old alkalines back in it. I'm not impressed as I received...
8
8

Home surveillance
Hi, Any one into home surveillance stuff? what camera(s) are you using? Just started installing, setting up couple cameras indoor and outdoor to hook up to my NAS box. First couple days learning curve...
9
9

Fixing Insulation under trailer
I have a Park Model Trailer, had to cut open the plastic wrap under the trailer to repair a water leak. I need to know what would be the best type of tape to seal up the openings, would if be wise to...
6
6

OT, Bill Gates: Ctrl + Alt + Delete 'was a mistake'
I actually think it's a good idea because it prevents a lot of "mistakes". ^_^ TDD The keyboard combo to force-close applications was not on purpose. The keyboard combo to force-close applications was...
12
12

Overhead Door Brand Opener Diagnostic help?
I've had this opener for a number of years. Its the Phantom belt drive model. Always worked like a charm. The other day, however, it won't close. The opener is in the open position (door disengaged)...
1
1

How do i find a wood stud behind a wall that has a stone facade?
I'm trying to mount a 50lbs cedar mantle over my fire place. Can't seem to find a wood stud behind the wall because my fire place has a stone facade. Any recommendations will be greatly appreciate it.
21
21

OT, Perhaps But It's About A Home, On Wheels
It's actually a custom built motor home and I'm sure a motor home is something a few of the folks posting to this newsgroup own but not like this one and I'm sure many of you would want 1 O deez. ^_^...
2
2

How to Choose, Buy, and Safely Use a Good Surge Protector
Most of us have more devices than we have plugs in the wall, which is why you'll likely find a surge protector behind most people's televisions and under our desks. However, not all surge protectors...
22
22

Do you have a break-even algorithm for capital improvements that save money?
What do you use for your general algorithm for capital improvements that save money (such as solar energy & buying your own tanks)? - solar - wood-fired heating - owning your own propane tanks etc....
31
31

How to measure water table underground?
Is there a way to measure the water table level under my yard without digging a deep hole? Perhaps some sort of radar or sonic equipment? I'm trying to figure out if my damp crawlspace is caused by...
10
10

Alternative to Renting Light Towers
The marching band at my son's school needs lights for the practice field. We've been renting lights for about $2600 for five weeks, not including fuel for the generators. This is for two 4000 watt...
39
39

Who actually owns this 1,000 gallon propane tank? (2023 Update)
I realize this is a legal question but has anyone here had this happen. Any advice? 1. Bought a house, as is, in 2010, which came with a 1,000 gallon propane tank attached. 2. Entered into agreement...
235
235

kitchen fire extinguisher on youtube
I've no experience with this third unit, but the video looks interesting. Oil on the stove fires are rough, because there is so much heat stored in the oil. Tough to put the fire out, and have it stay...
20
20

Help installing woods 3 way timer switch
Hello I tried to install the switch yesterday with all possible cable combi nations and I was not able to get it to work. The best outcome was when I hook the black wire to the black wire, the red...
17
17