8 grit sanding belts

I redid a wood floor several years ago that had glued down carpeting. After ripping up the carpet a friend lent me his drum floor sander. He had a couple sheets of a really coarse sandpaper-I think 8 grit. The paper looked like someone glued little rocks to it-but it was commercial paper. I've redone similar floors and all I can find is 16 grit. Using that takes me about 5 passes to get past the glue. Using the 8 grit was much faster and didn't load up as much.

Does anyone know where to purchase 8 grit sandpaper. If I remember correctly the other stuff I used was about 4 or 6" wide and I had to use 2 sheets to cover the drum. I also had to cut the pattern out of the full length to fit the particular drum I was using.

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
Bill Schuh