8 Foot Sliding Door

We have a 8 foot sliding door in our bedroom and the time has come to find a new covering for it. In the past we have used vertical blinds. With pets we do not want that anymore. Does anyone have any ideas or options? I don't want anything with slats, I know that for sure. Im more or less looking for a one or two piece solution. Thanks.
Tom
I have the same 8' slider going out to my deck from the dining room. I got a two-piece diamond-cell shade (by Bali or one of their competitors) from the orange box store. it's a single header with two individual 4' shades that slide up or down. They look nice, are very insulating, and (so far!) have been pretty much pet-proof given a golden retriever, a big maine coon cat and a small slightly obnoxious kitten. The two blinds means I can keep the operating side of the door available but the fixed side covered if I want. Total cost was about $400; could have been more like $250 for a cheaper material.

Tom wrote:

Uhhh...drapes?
--

dadiOH

We had a hunter-douglas shade made for ours (we went through empire carpets for it), and it has been great. So far we're on year 7 with no problems at all (three years the house has been occupied by tenants, no less). We got the double honeycomb to keep the AC in, and it's been a great purchase.
HTH
Donna

What is the intended purpose of the covering?