8" - 4" faucet conversion

Does anybody sell an escutcheon that will blank both 8" holes in a bathroom sink so I can install a 4" center faucet. I could make one from a piece of stainless but it would be easier to buy one ready made.

Reply to
Jeff D

With the hundreds of faucet sets in the market now, why did you buy one that wouldn't fit? If the 4 incher has compelling reasons (SWMBO preference, etc.) to be installed, simply buy a new new lavatory that matches the spacing, and add other matching accessories for that custom look. Or avoid the 'hack' appearance by getting a faucet set that fits. Your call.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Haven't bought anything yet, this is a seldom use basement bathroom, don't want to spend much because the basement will get a full remodel when my sinking IRA ship surfaces. The least expensive combination faucet I've found is $60, I can buy the cheapo 4" stuff for 1/2 that. And the most important part my wife doesn't care about putting in the cheap stuff for now.

With the hundreds of faucet sets in the market now, why did you buy one that wouldn't fit? If the 4 incher has compelling reasons (SWMBO preference, etc.) to be installed, simply buy a new new lavatory that matches the spacing, and add other matching accessories for that custom look. Or avoid the 'hack' appearance by getting a faucet set that fits. Your call.

Joe

Reply to
Jeff D

"Jeff D" wrote

Hi Jeff. BTW, might want to add your replies to the bottom. Just makes easier reading and replying (cut out the text not needed to kep it shorter). No biggie though. I can tell the situation.

Got a center hole and 2 side holes and the side ones are the problem? It wanting to save just for now, they sell metal 'plugs' to fill the excess holes you do not need. That may be the simplest and cheaper solution for the interim til that IRA kicks over.

I also saw one once that gave me the giggles though I don't know if it lasted a long time. It was 2 conical cork plugs (with silicone sealant at the base) with holes made in the top for a 'his and her' toothbrush holder. A chintzy but cute addition done in a basement bathroom that wasnt fancy to start with so it fit rather nicely. Painted one of them pink and the other blue. Used modeling paint to add 'mom' in blue on the pink one and 'dad' in pink on the blue one. Of course, you dont have to get that simple or be that 'cutsie' but it's a fun little idea.

Reply to
cshenk

"Jeff D" wrote in news:nDQul.58240$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-07.dc.easynews.com:

Considering that, put two of those small fragrance candles in a glass over the holes. Liquid nails it right to the sink to hold it. It'll look like fancy decor and stink up the room right.

Reply to
Red Green

Two c*ck hole covers, been around since the advent of plumbing. You're going to have a blast drilling new holes if it's a cast iron sink.

Reply to
Lefty

fiberglass top so drilling should be easy, thanks for all the suggestions, probably go with the snap-in covers, but the candle idea is interesting

Reply to
Jeff D

They make screw down styles, too. If you are worried about the depth of the top making a problem for the snap-in ones.

You might also try his-n-hers soap lotion dispensers, but it might be a little crowded.

Reply to
Lefty