Subject Author Posted Replies

CAC Pt Lumber test
OK we all "know" the new PT lumber "eats" fasteners. At least that is the warning. I decided to test it with a number of fasteners and materials including aluminum screen frame material, aluminum...
9
9

OT - What can I do with 2' long plastic candy canes (2023 Update)
I have inherited aboutb a dozen plastic candy canes, from some old Christmas decorations. A couple are solid, most are hollow transparent plastic and originally had miniature lights inside. Before I...
25
25

Garage door torsion spring broken ... and ... I have no questions! :)
The wife screamed there was a gunshot in the garage and yelled at me to grab the grandkids and shoo them out the front door immediately. This is what I found in the garage: The funny thing is, we've...
31
31

transparent glue
What transparent glue can be used to hold a piece of plastic to a picture of the same size (which is on paper, I think)? So transparent that it won't distort the image of the picture, and won't even...
6
6

This is why we do things ourselves, and BUY GOOD TOOLS!
So today, I decided it was time to take the trusty Heep over to my storage locker and retrieve my winter wheel and tire set for my car. Should take about an hour working slow to swap 'em out, right? I...
21
21

Will T-88 work to glue a piece of clear plastic to PVC?
I woulod like to attach a piece of clear plastic (from TAP Plasics, I think it's plexiglass) to the edge if a piece of black PVC. Will the epoxy be enough or do I need to also use angle brackets. In...
2
2

Combining projects, or how to fix a chopping block
My wife took MY favorite chopping board, a very nice large older one, and used it for a project of hers. Her project was to poke holes in some project of hers with an ice pick, using the wood chopping...
18
18

Mini Power Adapter Hidden Camera
Need a nanny cam? http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/product/usb+power+adapter+hidden+camera.do?sortby=bestSellers
2
2

need advice on wooden box construction
I want to build a wooden box of size about 16 inch height x 24 wide x 20 long. It is a return air plenum. The "box" will not have a bottom (where the return air duct is) and no front (where the grill...
4
4

Fiber Fix
Was watching Shark Tank the other night. One of the products that came on, was FiberFix. Looks like a really handy product. Anyone try it yet?
4
4

Winterizing
I just had my gutters cleaned, and the roofer said my roof needs winterized. I never heard of such a thing. I asked him what it entails. He said they blow off all loose debris, and pour a solution...
6
6

shower arm only tightens to twelve o'clock
I am replacing a shower arm. The old one came out okay, but now that I'm screwing the new arm in it goes to 12 oclock and is tight. how do I get it to 6 o'clock? I'm afraid to tighten it any more.
5
5

Small Tool Valuation???
My father has a shitload of small power tools he has accumulated over his 80 yrs on this planet that I mostly have no use for or even have an idea what half of them are. Is there a site out there...
15
15

Shocked!
How can I be getting shocked off my faucet? This happens only in my bathroom & laundry tub downstairs. It's not all the time, but it's a good enough zap to make you jump.
210
210

Horrible landscaper
Before you think this post is a joke, check it out with the BBB online. One of the poorest decisions of my life was to award Legend Landscapes llc of Willoughby Ohio. my business. I have never hired a...
4
4