Subject Author Posted Replies

bugs in icemaker/water area of refrigerator
i have gnat like bugs flying around water/icemaker area .... i do not see them in the freezer and have cleaned and cleaned that area.... i am in a rental house and have never seen this before.... i...
17
17

Home Inspection Beyond the Breaker Box and with Power On
I am in the process of selling my house. What do you all think of a home in spector who takes off the breaker box cover off (not just opens the door to expose the breakers; he had to remove four...
92
92

insulation recommendations?
Evening, I purchased a 12'x16' structure (shed). I have paid the builder to insulate the floor as part of the construction. I need to insulate the walls and gambrel roof. The three things I'm...
6
6

Do SharkBite connectors open the ground path?
With all the discussion related to water pipes - copper vs. PEX - and grounding systems, does anyone know if the installation of a SharkBite connector breaks the continuity of a copper pipe? I took a...
5
5

220 Volt Plugs
Our greenhouse heater wore out after a number of years so we bought a repla cement. It's essentially the same heater except that the new one is a diffe rent color and the plug is a different...
106
106

WARNING: Bathtub Drowning
A 24 year young man became intoxicated at a weekend pre-Halloween party. After the party he stepped into his bathtub and fell asleep. He slept 3 to 4 hours in the tub. When he awoke, he noticed his...

Plumber of the Year Awards
Can this be for real???!!! HB Your laugh for the day! How does this even get past the planning phase? . &%$@# Toilet Seat . Hmmmmm… . Should have measured twice! . Apparently, you don’t want...
21
21

AC ground, copper-pex
Just wondering for now. Have an all copper plumbing. What happen to my ground if the pipes are replaced with PEX? Have two connections that I am aware of. One to the cold water pipe at water heater....
39
39

where is my Shower Shut Off Valve ?
my shower is getting very little, or no Hot water i'm hoping that replacing this valve/cartridge will fix it photo link should the Shut Off Valve be in the wall behind behind, or do I have to shut the...
13
13

Keeping out big brother?
Overall, this sounds pretty good, but - "You can view the source code to be sure there's no back door." But you can't know whether the source code you viewed is what they actually used. Nor whether...
3
3

Church without power
With the forecast of Nov 13 being power cut, it gets me to thinking. I'm one of the maint guys at church. Suppose the power goes off, and it's below freezing. The building is masonry, with some metal...
111
111

I pulled a Halloween prank on my gas company!
Each year I treat the neighborhood kids to a yard full of Halloween decorations. I set up a mini cemetery watched over by couple of skeletons sitting on a bench. I've got ghouls hanging on poles, a...

Wood Furnace fan doesn't run long
My 18 year old house has a combination Wood and Electric pushed air furnace. I'll start a fire and eventually the fan starts... typical and expected. I question what follows. The fan will run for 1 to...
18
18

CAC Pt Lumber test
OK we all "know" the new PT lumber "eats" fasteners. At least that is the warning. I decided to test it with a number of fasteners and materials including aluminum screen frame material, aluminum...
9
9

OT - What can I do with 2' long plastic candy canes (2023 Update)
I have inherited aboutb a dozen plastic candy canes, from some old Christmas decorations. A couple are solid, most are hollow transparent plastic and originally had miniature lights inside. Before I...
25
25