Subject Author Posted Replies

Remember that LED recessed light for a 4" box?
There was a thread a couple weeks ago about how to change a ceiling box to accomodate an LED recessed light that you can just mount to a round 4" ceiling box. Poster had a problem, because there was a...

Furnace
I am needing a new furnace. I am looking at a regular gas furnace or hybrid furnace (25 y/o house and I can't put in a high efficiency furnace without major construction due to the placement of the...
10
10

Incredible electric fireball ....
Yeah, I saw a video of that fireball on the TV news. They say the electric company thinks it was caused by lightening, but I can think of no reason why an electric fireball like that would travel...
26
26

OT - To Stormin Mormon
From a 'Documentary Film Producer', slightly paraphrased: While traveling through northern Arizona with a full camera crew we stopped for petrol and refreshments at a town deemed a "Mormon Town"....
68
68

Nearly three feet
I just bought a grabber from Harbor Freight Tools. On the box it says, "Extends your reach by nearly 3 feet." I measured the distance between the end of my thumb and the end of the grabber. The...
79
79

What is a "residential jackshaft garage door opener" ?
I recently saw an advertisement for a home that had a "residential jackshaft garage door opener". I don't have clue what that would be. Help!
11
11

Beaten by a switch
I'm preparing to paint a room and was removing the switch/receptacle covers. One of the boxes has a Lutron Glyder dimmer switch. That switch has a cross piece...push on/off, slide to dim or brighten....
27
27

OT Better health insurance website??
Article here from the Atlantic. Three guys built a simpler site for Obamacare than the feds did. They started on it after seeing the fed's version. It's here if anyone is interested. I saw in the...
2
2

Why TWO Thermal Fuses?
SWMBO went to make a pot of coffee with our Bunn coffeemaker and reported to me that the water which flowed through the ground coffee was cold. I checked for the obvious and then drained the unit and...
22
22

Good Use for Trex-type Plasticized Sawdust
I generated a lot of sawdust when I cut up the Trex-like material for reboa rding my park style front porch bench. I used a product called Ultraboard form Menards. I filled newspaper delivery plastic...
12
12

Standby Generator?
Need help locating a low oil pressure switch for a 7000W B&S Home Generator System installed 2006/ model number is 040220.I searched online but the descriptions are not clear to help.
7
7

pipes on a mobile home
i live in a trailer when i got under the trailer to wrap my pipes i notice its in between two floors. theres a tin fiberglass floor when you look under the trailer. do i need to wrap heat tape the...
3
3

Basin waste snapped help
Please help, I have just bought a new property and the metal basin waste has snapped clean off.. Don't know why this has happened but it has snapped where it threads onto the plastic waste Any ideas...
3
3

please help
While back I wrote you about fence problem here. My house on left this picture. It now almost winter, and fence still not fixed by neighbor workers. Worker now in basement fixing sewer problem in...
12
12

Stopping the creeping door
We have an ordinary door between the kitchen and laundry room. It's 14 years old. My wife recently noticed when the door is fully open that it creeps closed. Probably 20 degrees or so. Three hinges...
5
5