Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermocople or gas valve problem
I just installed a new thermostat and my furnace is blowing cold air. My pilot light is on but it still not heating up. My furnace is a clare hecla and the model # is G126-LB-C.
14
14

Home networking
I thought of installing a wifi system in my house. My tablet computer cannot access the internet without it and the streaming movie boxes (netflix, etc) require it, too.. Right now I have two...
16
16

I invented a 2-phase DC battery pack
Here's what my genius mind came up with. First I obtained a standard D-cell battery pack that holds 2 batteries in series. Next I installed a center tap between the two batteries in the battery pack....
99
99

Cracked Heat Exchanger
This is about a Bryant gas-fired downflow forced-air furnace, about 20 years old. It sits atop the A/C evaporator box. It's the kind where there is an inducer (exhaust) blower. The inducer function...
27
27

Local news, tools to carry in car
I suppose this was on the local TV news, or some place like that. When the weather started having snow west of here, the reader read something about how, in order to be safe, one should carry tools in...
45
45

OT: Cloud storage providers
Folks, I'm researching cloud storage providers, and asking all my NGs if people have real-time experience with and/or opinions about companies in this chart: Your advice appreciated. HB
32
32

(OT for home repair subject) Right versus privileges
This fellow uses the right to keep and bear arms as an example of how rights are lost. I think he totally makes sense.
6
6

stapling romex
Why is it that you cannot staple romex to the underside or bottom of attic rafters? I can see if it is the ceiling joist. Just trying to find out the logical reasoning.
16
16

I may attempt to murder a gopher ... I just might stoop to that level (so help me God)
Up until now I've been trying to pee down his hole with chemicals, such as hydrochloric acid, pool bleach, industrial ammonia, etc. But, this guy (or family?) is already turning my freshly...
111
111

Rethread drawstring on shorts
I hate that job, but I just found a quicker way to do it. I had a spool of .095 weedwacker line, and that stuff is stiff, slippery, thin, and strong. It was easy to work a length all the way through...
13
13

Tip: Getting Warm Water From Your Hose Bib
Here are a few tips that some of you might find useful... I have a short piece of garden hose with a spray nozzle that I keep near my utility sink. I use it for rinsing out coolers, washing the Pug...
8
8

Problem: Freezer Works, But Not fridge??
Hello, Our Kenmore upright fridge - only a year old is not cooling in the refrigerator section. Model number is 253.68822010 The freezer (upper section) is cold, and so we figured there may be an air...
18
18

OT: Murphy's Law?
Hmmm, It seem to happen every holiday season. Major cause of expenditure occurs. This time it is Denon AVR 988 AV RX on my HT system. After a few years good service it is dying(burning smell). Good...
43
43

Squanto
In our innocent youth, we all learned the story of Thanksgiving. Many poin ts of view, much spin, endless scholarship. What nobody seems to mention is that the "noble savage" Squanto, who suppos edly...

Harbor Freight 25% Coupon exp 12/31/2013
Thanks Red, very much appreciated! Jon
2
2