Subject Author Posted Replies

low Cold water pressure
my mother is having low water pressure in just some of her cold water lines [hot lines are fine] I'm pretty sure it's not the shut off valves, underneath any other possibilities? thanks marc
9
9

Recommendations for over/under washer drier?
Need a small utility over/under washer drier combination to use on small loads. Don't want any costly, fancy, useless whizbang features, just a straight forward little laundry setup that plugs into...
1
1

Kenmore HD Series 70 Washer Softener Dispenser Problem
I'm having a problem with the fabric softener dispenser. Recently it has begun to dribble water out at the very end of the rinse cycle. The cylindrical unit sits on the head of the agitator and...
2
2

Are there any hi speed drill bits that actually drill through metal?
I'm trying to mount some security cameras on the sides of my home. I have old steel siding on the house. The damn drill bits I buy today can't get through the thin steel except once of twice without...
17
17

Leveling a toilet
Concrete basement floor. Rough plumbing for toilet done 20 or so years ago by others. Concrete floor to get 12" x 12" ceramic tile. Floor slopes approximately 1/8" in 12 inches, left to right, as one...
11
11

PVC Cross fittings???
Anybody know of availability of same? Background...had to repair a broken elbow in riser to stock fountain over the weekend. Not too bad other than -- a) buried 40" deep in small access hole so could...
11
11

Gas fireplace & doors
I converted a wood burning fireplace to gas logs. My question is what is more efficient? Keep the glass doors closed or open? The conversion doesn't have a blower. I always thought if you have the...
7
7

Roku, anyone?
I am at the point of wanting to dump TV providers. They charge too much and much/most of what they deliver is junk. Even though we don't watch a lot of TV there are times when a bit of mental popcorn...
8
8

Choosing Furnace Efficiency
Our gas utility is giving rebates for buying a greater than 92% efficient furnace. There's also a tax credit available. These greatly reduce the premium for buying such a unit and then of course there...
62
62

Replace Halogen Bulbs With LEDs?
Hi, Our electrician recommended we replace the 85 50W halogen spotlights in our ceilings with LEDs. We live in Costa Rica where electricity is expensive and frequent lightening strikes and power...
88
88

Cracked weatherstrip around garage door frame
Hi, the white weatherstrip that runs around the frame of my garage door is cracked due to aging. How do I replace them? See the photo of the crack: Also the black rubber strip at the bottom of my...
3
3

Off the shelf water inlet valve adapter
Kenmore side by side refer/freezer has a water dispenser leak. Google tells me that it is probably a bad water inlet valve, or low water pressure.. The supply is a R.O. under the sink system that may...
3
3

OT: Push v. pull commuter trains
After this weekend's NY train crash I started wondering if commuter trains that are being pushed by an engine are more likely to derail than trains that are being pulled by an engine. My wife takes a...
38
38

The Perfect Gift
The perfect gift: A Tool Box Most everyone has a screwdriver or two laying around the house, but not everyone has a minimum collection stored in a tool box. If you know a young person graduating from...
1
1

Cabinet doors sticking
I am trying to get some cabinet doors trimmed to stop them from sticking when they are closed. When I trim for a door, I use a business card to find the spots that need shaving. But for these cabinet...
4
4