78 year old company threatened by eminent domain

Page 3 of 3

One of Obama's campaign promises was to get us out of I/A by a time certain (IIRC 1 year, but I am too lazy to look it up). The point being that ALL money spent after that deadline HE put out there should be on his shoulders.
On Jun 27, 4:39pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Again, you must have either slept through it or as many liberals do, you're confusing conservatives with republicans. I recall many leading conservatives denouncing the govt bailouts. Here, for example is Rush Limbaugh in Dec, 2008:
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2008/12/10/stand_up_on_the_auto_bailout_gop
Stand Up on the Auto Bailout, GOP! December 10, 2008
"Yes, yes, we're going to get to the auto bailout. This really steams me, by the way. Well, you know, I'm getting so sick and tired... Here we had the auto execs, the white-collar guys, they gotta get fired. Pelosi and everybody else were saying they don't know how to run their business. Obama was seen saying the same thing. .....They had the guts to fly in here. How come nobody's telling us how Gettelfinger got to Washington? Did Gettelfinger fly in on a jet or did he drive in a General Motors car? How come we never hear about any of the excesses of the unions? We don't hear about that because that's who the bailout's actually for.
This is a travesty what is happening here. It is a pure, 100% travesty. There is so much anger for this bailout out there. If the Republicans do not stand up to this, I don't care how much Obama screws up, nobody's going to have the guts to vote for Republicans anymore."
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:39:35 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net wrote:

Sure he would say that in December since Obama was already elected in November. What better opportunity to sabotage Obama. He wouldnt have said that if a Republican had been elected.
On Jun 28, 12:02pm, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Of course Rush would have. He's speaks out all the time against feckless republicans who are not conservative. You most likely don't even listen to him, yet claim to know what he says.
It's liberals who change their positions depending on which way the wind is blowing, because they have no grounding. Just look at Obama on immigration. Just last Fall he said as president, he doesn't have the power to just implement changes in immigration policy. Now, faced with poor re-election prospects, he's done precisely that by defying th constitution and announcing that he won't enforce the law.