78 year old company threatened by eminent domain

Page 2 of 3
bob haller wrote:

In my view, we have too LITTLE money in politics. I'd implement the three rules put forth by George Will: 1. No cash, 2. American citizens only, and 3. Instant disclosure.
Let ME make a decision on whom to support - perhaps based on who contributes.

One more competitive advantage for cable TV networks. Actually, now that I think on it...

Sure it can. Things, some things, most things, all things, can ALWAYS get worse.
George wrote:

Seize your property for what purpose? To expand the marina?
Well, you had fair warning when you let the city get into the marina business.
Next, the city can't actually "seize" your property - they have to condemn it if the two of you can't work out an acceptable price. When that happens, a court contest ensues and you have an opportunity to persuade your neighbors on the jury...

Not true. Since the lefties on the Supreme Court ruled in the Kelo case, ED can now be used to take your property and give it to someone who will pay more taxes. The city doesn't have to be in the marina business at all.

Perhaps you missed this sentence:
"You have the resources to purchase the correct politicians to seize our properties on your behalf and we don't have the resources to fight."
The politician gets to hire their lawyer with your tax money. You don't.
On Wednesday, June 27, 2012 7:12:31 AM UTC-7, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote:

Unlike liberals I never hear conservatives say anything bad about big business. In fact, if left up to them, conservatives would likely let big corporations do what ever they want without any restraint or regulation. You keep calling the supreme court lefties. It seems to me that with their decisions on Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and Kelo v. City of New London there are more righties in the supreme court then there are lefties.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 08:11:20 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Um, this is a problem with GOPVERNMENT.

do what ever they want without any restraint or regulation. You keep calling the supreme court lefties. It seems to me that with their decisions on Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and Kelo v. City of New London there are more righties in the supreme court then there are lefties.
You're a liar. ...and an idiot (can't even post properly).
I think your perspective is different than mine. About conservatives, and thier views on big business.
Unlike liberals I never hear conservatives say anything bad about big business. In fact, if left up to them, conservatives would likely let big corporations do what ever they want without any restraint or regulation. You keep calling the supreme court lefties. It seems to me that with their decisions on Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission and Kelo v. City of New London there are more righties in the supreme court then there are lefties.
On Jun 27, 11:11am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You must have been asleep when conservatives were bitching about GM and Chrysler being bailed out by the govt.....
In fact, if left up to them, conservatives would likely let big corporations do what ever they want without any restraint or regulation.
Not true. Most conservatives for example are perfectly fine with the anti-trust laws.
You must have been asleep when conservatives were bitching about GM and Chrysler being bailed out by the govt.....
Crocodile tears. They werent bitching when Bushie was in office. They only started to bitch when Obama took over.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 13:39:32 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

You're a liar. ...but all lefties are.
I must be a real funny kind of leftie.
Im against gun control. Im completely in favor of states right. In fact Im for leaving up to each individual state to make their own laws on abortion, single sex marriage and The Affordable Care Act. Im against affirmative action. Im for the death penalty. Im against public service unions. I believe in a school voucher program to let parents have a choice. Im against amnesty for illegal immigrants. Im in favor of anyone putting up religious signs or symbols anyplace they want as long as they personally pay for it. Im for withdrawing from the UN. I believe that captured terrorists should be treated as spies. I oppose long-term welfare.
On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 16:21:38 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sorry, no lefty is funny. Most are just sick.

individual state to make their own laws on abortion, single sex marriage and The Affordable Care Act.

Then you're deaf and blind.

You're not much of a lefty at all.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Bush didn't try to bail out GM and Chrysler. What the Bush administration DID do is preside over 4% unemployment. Until the Democrats took over Congress in '06. Then the country went to hell.
Bush didn't try to bail out GM and Chrysler. What the Bush administration DID do is preside over 4% unemployment. Until the Democrats took over Congress in '06. Then the country went to hell
But Bushie did bail-out AIG who still owes 29 BILLION,
http://projects.propublica.org/bailout/entities/8-aig
which is more than GM.
The unemployment was due to the national debt that Bushie left for Obama to clean-up:
http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.html
[...]

Giggle.
I notice your referenced chart stops at 2008 with a bit over $1 trillion. The chart trumpets this as "A NEW RECORD."
The national debt did go up by some $5 trillion during the eight years of the Bush administration. This is partially understandable in view of Katrina, two wars, and the World Trade Center business, but most of the increase was in the last year, when the Democrats controlled Congress.
The debt, however, increased ANOTHER $5 trillion in just THREE years of the Obama administration. This increase was in spite of no Katrinas, one war, and no terrorist attacks.
You can check this chart. http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-Per-Capita-Percent-of-GDP-and-by-Presidental-Term.htm
On Thursday, June 28, 2012 8:29:06 AM UTC-7, HeyBub wrote:

And who was the idiot that started the Iraq war which cost and is still costing trillions not to mention thousands of American lives? Im still waiting to see the weapons of mass destruction.

Saddam Hussein Are you really this ignorant ??
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Giggle.
I agree (snort) that it's Bush's fault.
Still, Obama could have ordered an immediate and complete withdrawal. In maybe two months every indicator of U.S. presence in Iraq could have been gone. That Obama did not so order implies he supported the notion of keeping our troops there, and the concomitant expense.