Subject Author Posted Replies

inglis direct drive washer grinds and doesn t spin
**i have an inglis heavy duty super capacity washer ...it has started a grinding sound , it doesn t spin as it is supposed to .. it goes a couple inches hesitates and goes again and hesitates and goes...

Safety
Photo of the socket set I melted down when I shorted that battery out 25 years ago. https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/1492199_748552478505457_22757588_o.jpg
4
4

Microwave Oven Magnetron Test
I have a non-heating microwave oven that I just opened up. I tested the HV diode and it seems to be acting as a good diode. The capacitor measures 1.0 4 uF and >30 MEG-ohm, so it should also be good....
17
17

termite bait/repellent?
Hi All, My sister in Southern California thinks she may have terminates. She can't afford an exterminator and her health can't take the chemicals. She has a wood floor and a crawl space. Is there...
7
7

OT - Full Size Spare - Or Is It?
I rented a car this weekend. The tire pressure indicator came on. At my next stop I checked the tires and it turned out to be that the left front tire was low. I filled it up and decided to check the...
76
76

Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000?
Do any of these printers work with Windows 2000? Specs for each say XP and later. Canon MG2220 Canon MG3520 HP 2512 Thanks. Bob
7
7

Is there any part of Louisiana that doesn't flood?
Once I buy a house in the suburbs I will have stuff to post on-topic about, but in the meantime since Louisiana has the cheapest property taxes not co unting Hawaii and since my heating bill in the...
23
23

Battery backup to run my furnace?
Hi All, Anyone have a favorite battery backup to run a gas forced air heater's fan in an electrical power outage? Been looking at the Xantrex 802-1500 The above one is a three battery in parallel "A"...
59
59

Splitting 240V
I've got a junction box with some 1953 sheathed cable feeding it. Looks like asbestos fiber sheath with silver spray paint on the exterior. Only 2 wires, both black. Measures 240V rms. Leaving the...
27
27

Solder or crimp ??
This article says soldering is less desirable than crimps for Anderson Power Pole terminals. I was taught that soldering is far better than crimp. What's your thoughts?
108
108

Frosty the Coal Man
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/12/10/33504/clean-coal-carrolers/#
4
4

OT: temporary fan belt repair
Is there a short term fix for a 'thrown' fan belt? Needed something that would run the water pump and the belt is waaaay inside a stack of other belts. Out on the road, was impossible to get at and...
46
46

Wood stove Q's
OK , the stove produces massive quantities of heat - sometimes . This morning it wasn't doing so great , like it couldn't breath . I got a wire and cleaned the ashes from the grate from below , and...
35
35

Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190
Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no...
21
21

Radios: here is the pix...
of the radios I got free from a guy on the radio group Some will need repair...so I will have something to do this winter Shipping by Greyhound averaged $20 each
51
51