Subject Author Posted Replies

Splitting 240V
I've got a junction box with some 1953 sheathed cable feeding it. Looks like asbestos fiber sheath with silver spray paint on the exterior. Only 2 wires, both black. Measures 240V rms. Leaving the...
27
27

Solder or crimp ??
This article says soldering is less desirable than crimps for Anderson Power Pole terminals. I was taught that soldering is far better than crimp. What's your thoughts?
108
108

Frosty the Coal Man
http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2008/12/10/33504/clean-coal-carrolers/#
4
4

OT: temporary fan belt repair
Is there a short term fix for a 'thrown' fan belt? Needed something that would run the water pump and the belt is waaaay inside a stack of other belts. Out on the road, was impossible to get at and...
46
46

Wood stove Q's
OK , the stove produces massive quantities of heat - sometimes . This morning it wasn't doing so great , like it couldn't breath . I got a wire and cleaned the ashes from the grate from below , and...
35
35

Clearing Error 27 on Canon PIXMA MP190
Does anyone know a way to clear error E27 (ink absorber full) on Canon MP190? I have cleaned the ink absorber. Turned the printer off and on, using various code-clearing procedures online with no...
21
21

Radios: here is the pix...
of the radios I got free from a guy on the radio group Some will need repair...so I will have something to do this winter Shipping by Greyhound averaged $20 each
51
51

house build pics
There's a few new ones added to the bucket
2
2

Microwave oven stopped
My almost 3 year old M O was baking a small red potato. I had set it for 6 minutes and while it was being cooked, I was doing other things in the kitc hen..so I was not really paying any attention to...
24
24

Fish Tape
I need to run a power cord through an existing concrete foundation. There is a schedule 40 PVC 1 5/8" ID, 1 15/16" OD waterline embedded in the concrete that has 2 90degree bends, they are standard...
19
19

Aluminum threshold on cement floor
I've been asked to anchor aluminum threshold for commercial doors. About six inches wide, and runs the width of two 36 inch steel doors. One half of the threshold is loose, and needs maybe four or so...
45
45

Oh, Shoot, good timing
GDO all of sudden quit last night, Hurried out to get a replacement. Have to spend all day putting it up. This time 1Hp one, almost direct replacement Genie PowerMax 1500. Good timing because weather...
2
2

OT Dratted crop dusters!
3 AM this morning for a half hour - crop duster spraying herbicide, insecticide or homicide this morning. Circling the helicopter time after time over my mobile home, just high enough to clear the...
15
15

General computer question
Right now I have two separate computers; both Intel Pentium IV's running Windows XP. Both have two PS2 ports; one designated for a PS2 mouse, and the other for a PS2 keyboard. I also have an IOGear...
24
24

FOLLOW-UP on MICROWAVE THAT TRIPS BREAKER
FOLLOW-UP on MICROWAVE THAT TRIPS BREAKER My friend didn't call me a week ago Friday like he was supposed to and I was busy for 8 days, but I was there Sunday, and his wife said they did try the...
1
1