Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Snowblower Feet/skids
Anyone familiar with the 2 cycle snowblowers is aware they have height adjusting metal skids or feet on each side of the auger housing(at least my Craftsman does). Those feet eventually grind down and...
25
25

steel dustpan to hep prevent distribution of soot and dirt
I was reading my furnace manual and I came across this. It says for my upflow furnace, a Carrier 30 y.o. oil burner (no boiler), model 58HV085: "Upflow models are equipped with steel dustpan to hep...
5
5

Ping..philo
I found a oscillator coil for a tube radio. You said you were looking for one. Can you E mail me? WW
1
1

Battery room (OT)
I was just going through some 2005 photos and found one I took at work. Some of my crewmen setting up a battery room. I was a service engineer at Enersys-Delaware BTW: That is only half the room,...
20
20

cfl observation
I've got a cabin WAY up north. No internet, no tv, no FM, just AM radio and the heavens. The AM stations are pretty weak, but they'll do. We recently installed some CFL bulbs. We have to turn them off...
54
54

How to joint compound over a wood surface to make flat with adjacent drywall?
There is 1/2 inch chip board adjacent [flush surface] to drywall and need to blend between the two with a flat surface. *IF* instead of wood the surface were drywall; I would just tape and apply joint...
15
15

OT: real football
Hi All, Real football tomorrow, played out on the grass in the open at Lambeau Field. Packers vs. 40 Whiners: 3:30 pm CST on Fox national weather service: Partly sunny and cold, with a high near 5....
6
6

Spacing of wood furniture to a furnace
Hi All, We are working on altering our floor plan to accommodate a exterior was direct vent gas furnace. Does anyone know the proper spacing of wood furniture from a gas furnace such the the heat...
6
6

OT - Check Engine Lights, Computer Codes and Passing Inspection
I asked 5 different "experts" the same question and got 3 different answers. "If a vehicle has an intermittent Check Engine Light from an Evap code, and the light is off when the vehicle gets...
39
39

Brand new MTD snowblower - broken transmission out of the box
Hi, The transmission on my new MTD snowblower from Target squealed loudly and s topped working about ten minutes out of the box: It looks like the belt is loose as it's engaged, but only moving at...
10
10

Health of posters
I've been reading here posts from people rambling and bragging about their screwed up health problems. I'm amazed by how many posters here have such bad health. Is this really true, or is it just part...
85
85

Ariens Snowblower Question Regarding Their "Auto Turn" Feature ?
Hi Folks, Need a new Snowblower for our house. Way back in the old days, about 10 years ago, most all Ariens Snowblowers had a true Differential in the drive system. Worked like a charm. Made all...
7
7

I'm wired !
We now have a temporary power service to the new construction . 9 outlets on 3 circuits and one lighting circuit hot at this time . IR happy . -- Snag
1
1

German architect gets one-year sentence in death of L.A. firefighter
A German architect accused of recklessly installing a fireplace in his Hollywood Hills mansion, leading to a firefighter?s death in February 2011, is expected to serve about six months in jail after...
4
4

Request test jig suggestion for microUSB phone charging current
How would you make a test jig out of a spare USB cable? For $1.99, I bought at Frys today, this 6-foot USB-A to microB USB male-to-male cable. If I cut the cable in half, and isolate the wires, how...
11
11