Subject Author Posted Replies

Urinal Drain Capacity
Am I correct in assuming that the drain of a urinal equipped with a Sloan "sensor activated Flushometer" valve should be able to accept that valve failing in the open position and handle the full...
14
14

Harbor Freight 68853
I just got one of these impact drivers. A fellow I used to work for really loved his Panasonic brand one of these. I borrowed a similar one for a couple jobs I did, and it seemed to help. Compared to...
3
3

Propane prices?
I usually contract our heating propane (850 gal.) and have normally came out on top. Well, this past fall they wanted $1.699/gal. to contract and at that time it was only $1.499 off the truck so I...
24
24

Garbage disposal switch advice
Installing under-sink garbage disposer in daughters old (1912) home. Runni ng a new 20 amp circuit from down below (basement)is no problem. Placing a switch is a problem. Her back splash is ceramic...
39
39

LP Heaters
Presently I have a wall-mounted, open-flame LP heater for supplemental heat in my upstairs bedroom. The upstairs is just the bedroom and the bathroom. Combined, they are about 700 square feet. They...
6
6

Humidifier and vapor question
In my three bedroom trailer, I've got a floor model humidifier. I have to feed it at least two gal of water d ay, to keep the indoor air comfortable. Maybe even more than that. From my old fire...
66
66

OT Homeland Security and Movies
A movie goer was harassed by the Feds because he wore Google glass to a movie. Article here: What does possible movie theft have to do with Homeland Security? Couldn't about half the federal...
5
5

Not a good use for duct tape
My wife often complains when I come in the house and put my jacket on a chair near the door. She thinks it should be hung in the closet or she wants to waste money and buy a clothes tree. I came up...
8
8

Slippery garage floor
We put down some of the Valspar Garage floor epoxy. The floor is now VERY slippery and we tend to go skating and falling at times. Any suggestions on scuffing it up, or something else?
18
18

installing lighting in exposed beams
I live in an a frame with exposed beams built out of 3 2x12 ( not glu lams ) 21 inch o.c. . I want to install additional lighting and using raceways cut into the bottom of the center 2x12 about 1/2" ....

Another wind-chill question.
Suppose it gets down to absolute zero tonight and I go outside and it's very windy. With the wind-chill factor would it then "feel like" -10 degrees below absolute zero? I better wear my long...
27
27

Uncovering the Hidden Danger: GE Dryer's Lint Trap Problem (2023 Update)
Model GTMP200EM1WW Since purchasing this unit in August of 2012 we have experienced significant accumulations of lint at the exterior vent cover which does open and close freely and in the walls of...
19
19

Remote Doorbell?
I have an existing wired doorbell, button at the front door, transformer in garage, sounding unit in the main hallway. I'd like to add a sounding unit on my patio. Any cute ways to do that without...
9
9

Free Automatic Garage Door accessories
Being a person who hates to throw something away when it functions properly, I would rather give things away for someone to put to good use. Therefore, I have a few automatic garage door accessories...
4
4

Chainsaw Spark Plug
I cut down a few trees this past weekend and was sawing them into logs when the chainsaw stopped suddenly. I'd last used the saw in the fall and had n o problems with it. When I tried to start it...
4
4