Subject Author Posted Replies

brand of sticky back zip tie mounting blocks?
Anyone recommend one that actually works? I ran some wires for surround sound in the basement (rented place) and owne r didn't want me taking down the paneling. So I used sticky backs, but the y've...
15
15

copper wire scrap
I found that my barrel of copper wire scrap that I salvaged over 20 years of demolishing and rehabbing buildings is worthless. Scrap dealers won't take it. Reason? I burned the insulation off back...
24
24

Corporations Caught Colluding to Reduce Worker Wages
So here we have billionaires and millionaires, a group of "free market capitalists" that tout meritocracy, conspiring and colluding to cripple wages for their workers. That DOJ suit became the basis...
2
2

chimney
When I had my chimney replaced I did not get a liner even though the contractor insisted I needed one. "If it gets real cold, there will be condensation." sheesh, how cold can it get???
2
2

Best FOGLESS interior paint sprayer?
I need something like an inkjet printer, but for paint. Just throws out the same size droplets, no drops too small. What's the least fog producing indoor sprayer around?
16
16

gap filling methods
I had success with poly and sawdust. Wood glue with sawdust works fairly well but my favorite process was is very economical, natural and you can get a perfect consistency. Im not sure how it stains...
4
4

OT: Bay Bridge mess is a lesson in phony bargains
By Bruce Maiman Special to The Bee Published: Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014 - 12:00 am Last Modified: Tuesday, Jan. 28, 2014 - 9:15 am Theres a potential upside to the Bay Bridge fiasco if we view it as both...

OT: Prayer
In church I heard a sweet elderly lady in the pew next to me saying a prayer. It was so innocent and sincere that I just have to share it with you: "Dear Lord, This has been a tough four to five...
20
20

OT: Pete Seegerdies at 94.
The famous folk song writer, singer, and activist, died in NY Presbyterian Hospital. One of Seeger's famous causes was the cleaning up of the Hudson River while sailing up and down in his sailboat,...
6
6

OT Beef at the supermarket. butcher shop?
OT Trying to confirm my recollection, that it used to be that one could get any cut of beef he wanted at the supermarket meat department. Now it seems that some cuts are available some weeks, and...
32
32

Lighting Question Please
I had an electrician come in and remove a florescent light fixture, and install a standard interior light fixture that hugs the ceiling. It uses one standard 60 watt bulb. This is in my pantry. It did...
6
6

read the comments for this big TV
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CMEN95U/ref=tsm_1_fb_lk?tag=nerdgsm-20
20
20

OT: Raising the minimum wage doesn't work.
unless you are Henry Ford Henry Ford's $5-a-Day Revolution In 1914, Henry Ford started an industrial revolution by more than doubling wages to $5 a daya move that helped build the U.S. middle class...
26
26

OT: Over-regulation causing re-shoring
yup folks, all those horrible regulations and taxes are a roadblock to business... IN 2005, A START-UP company from California called ET Water Systems decided to move its manufacturing operations to...

Furnace
Pilot light is on. Burners will ignite. New thermostat. Will not come on still.
9
9