76% of american whites experience economic uncertainty by the time they turn 60

Page 2 of 2

I think - but am not sure - that a residense is excluded,

In the American Legion Post Officer thing Lonesome Dove mentioned. Just Google for it. Note that it is not a VA publication, just lists VA benefits with which the American Legion can help members.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 08-01-2013 04:46, dadiOH wrote:

He did not identify it as a Legion pub, nor provide a citation. And Google said that one of the phrases in it could not be found.
Plus when you said, "did some checking" I thought you meant somewhere other than that doc.
--
Wes Groleau

Ostracism: A practice of sticking your head in the sand.

The word "post" more or less identified it as a legion publication.

I did... http://benefits.va.gov/PENSIONANDFIDUCIARY/pension/vetpen.asp which says the same thing, But the Legion pdf had everything all in one place, simpler to navigate.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

http://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.16
A friend of mine told the VA that he could not hold a job because he was an incurable alcoholic and he got the pension before he was 65. He really was an alcoholic, ** Lonesome Dove

Thank you. War is hell.
Of course, I spent most of my naval enlistment at a PIO photo unit at Pearl Harbor, slouching around in denims and blue suede loafers. Except when we had to photograph VIPS taking a launch out to the Arizona, wore regular shoes then.
--

dadiOH
____________________________

Ah yes, the 433rd Tactical Bull Shit Brigade. Had a friend with a similar billet on the Army side of things that used that name.
Oren wrote:

What a pussy.
Did that give you PTSD?
The worst you had to fear was STD.
Oren wrote:

It's a fact that there are 10 million americans on SS disability.

Go cry me a river while your at it.
Your country has gone to hell as it drains down the toilet, the primary reason for which can be blamed on the misguided, illogical, and illegal deployment of your military and your foreign policy.

I'm a law abiding and economically-productive citizen. Because of how our country and society is structured, Canada is not in this constant need that individual citizens "do something" to keep it going. We are free to pursue life, liberty and happiness, without worrying about our country going down toilet.

Lay down?
That's for lazy bums like you americans. You and your children, pumping themselves full of your prescription drugs they steal from your medicine cabinet, and living on the couch downstairs playing video games while you wait for your next disability check.
On 7/31/2013 8:44 AM, Homo Gay wrote:

Homo Gay, if you think Americans are so terrible, why are you even interacting with them at all? You should just avoid all contact with such horrible people. o_O
TDD
On 07-31-2013 11:09, The Daring Dufas wrote:

I might turn that around: Why waste keystrokes, much less screen space, on him?
--
Wes Groleau

A UNIX signature isn't a return address, it's the ASCII equivalent
On 7/31/2013 8:22 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

Weirdos like Homo Gay are good practice on how to handle reprobates. ^_^
TDD
On 07-31-2013 21:33, The Daring Dufas wrote:

They're also good practice on wasting time. But then again, I guess that's what Usenet in general is.
--
Wes Groleau

Nobody believes a theoretical analysis — except the guy who did it.
On 7/31/2013 8:43 PM, Wes Groleau wrote:

It's recreation and also good practice for me when I encounter P.L.L.C.F. in real life. ^_^
TDD

Joblessness by itself is not necessarily something you have to struggle with (as one poster pointed out, especially not for children, and the definition of "adult" probably covers college students and maybe even high school seniors for at least part of their education).
It can even be a cash bonus. Now, I don't want to minimize the problems of someone who lost their job and a year later still hasn't found another one, but some people find a new job quickly (and sometimes before they quit their old one). Things like payment for unused vacation, or termination pay, or a signing bonus for the new job can make it a cash bonus rather than a problem.
Just about every job change (even planned job moves) involves a few days of joblessness. It may be short enough that they don't qualify for unemployment.
Some people actually don't live from paycheck to paycheck. They can handle a few months of unemployment (or being off the job due to accident, or taking care of a sick child, or whatever).
Numbers like this at least present a great opportunity to lie with statistics.
On 7/30/13 7:38 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Cut rest.
A statement like that is so broad that it will apply to most everyone. People starting out in life don't have much. They need a lot of stuff quickly to set up an apartment or whatever. The ones that thought they had to have a college education are worse off at the start of their careers. We auctioned off a bunch of my parent's household goods when mom moved to town. I was surprised at the lack of young people there. The auctioneer said that was normal. Young folks just have to own new stuff.

Very odd these days. They'll come when they get hungry.