Subject Author Posted Replies

OT, Oh Crap, Now We Have An Ice Storm On The Way
There is a winter storm warning in effect for Alabamastan. All sorts of schools, government offices and businesses will not open tomorrow Tuesday 2/11/2014 and everyone is freaking out and they don't...
69
69

How to remove this sliding glass door?
This door is hard to slide. The track itself looks ok and the door doesn't drag on the threshold, so I'm guessing the rollers are clogged with pet ha ir and dirt, etc. I have changed rollers on other...
23
23

modular storage shelf?
In hardware stores or warehouse the products are place in custome shelf built with slotted angle posts. Is there a light duty version for home use? For example, I want a shelf that is 5 feet wide and...
1
1

Target Breach Spells End For Magnetic Stripe Cards Next Year
After years spent fighting pushes for more secure standards, the payment card industry and retailers are moving quickly to abandon magnetic stripe cards and embrace so-called ?chip and pin?...
20
20

Cold water inlet temperature
I am wondering if prolonged cold spells substantially reduce the temperature of the water entering a house from the city water service . . . . . . and if that's true, does that temperature drop...
34
34

Ariens Sno-Thro Adjustable Height Handles ?
I Have a ST24LE, purchased new Dec. 2012, after I sold my uncle's 1974 Sno-Thro, really solid built machine, with available add on equipment in those days (also low handles). My new one is a great...
2
2

Installing Remote Natural Gas Outlet?
I have a small (2kw) suitcase generator that runs on gas, but doesn't supply quite enough watts for some uses. One option is to buy another just like it, except made to run parallel with the first...
22
22

GFI bathroom re wiring
I am trying to add a few GFI outlets to my wife's bathroom. I also have to move one of the outlets because of a larger mirror that I will be installin g to make wife and daughter happy. The problem...
28
28

Combatting snowfleas: How to dry a mop
I discovered snow fleas in my bathroom. Not a whole lot, just a few every day, and I spray them with vinegar. I try tp wipe everything down when I u se the washroom, so I was curious as to how they...
11
11

This Is What Years Of A Loose Neutral Looks Like
A neighbor asked me to look at the GFCI receptacle in her garage. She said it tripped and she was having trouble resetting it. The box contained the GFCI receptacle and a 3 way switch for the overhead...
13
13

Do NOT PUT Fabric Softener in the BLEACH Dispenser!!
After two years of pouring the directed amount of both concentrated and reg ular liquid fabric softener into the bleach dispenser receptacle of our top -load washing machine, something started...
23
23

OT? Perhaps. Are You A Heavy Sleeper?
Is your alarm clock loud enough to wake you in the morning? I know a fellow who was so hard to wake that he took a lamp timer and a 120 volt 10" fire bell to use as his wake up alarm. I believe it...
16
16

Virginia wants $160,000 back
If the state paid too much for the land, they should give the land back. The land is now worth lots more than what the state paid for it now it has the ramp on it. I know a man that sold a piece of...
23
23

windows?
Hi All, I've got to replace some windows in some concrete-block houses. These houses are in a low-rent area so the window design needs to be robust. What's a good value today in a vinyl window?
5
5

Craftsman snowblower lacks throwing power
My craftsman snow blower is about 5 years old. The last couple storms I've noticed that it is lacking power when it comes to throwing the snow through the shoot. It seems to clog a lot more then usual...
15
15