Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Some kinda epoxy or sealant?
Hi, I was out at my cabin for the long week end and I noticed pin hole leak on the body of in take water shut-off ball valve from the well. I was surprised to see this (barely visible mist spraying...
8
8

Should be 2 bends?
If I bend the handles forward, I would image 15-20 degrees, I would also have to bend the handles at top to keep the dash panel and controls facing somewhere near me? No? Have you done this before or...
2
2

OT Buying a used vehicle
Sorry for the OT post but I find posters here generally to be polite people with novel well-thought-out suggestions. I really need to replace my dying '88 Mazda pickup. My mechanic is having problems...
48
48

Lead, Oakum and PVC
I learned something new yesterday. I never knew that you could use lead and oakum with PVC pipe. On Ask this Old House they were attaching a new PVC drain pipe to the existing cast iron where it went...
17
17

GFCI pops only when freezer is plugged in
The freezer is just a couple months old, energy star name brand & all has been fine until today. We had rain & wind last night, but the freezer's in the garage plugged into a socket on an interior...
12
12

I must be a plumber ...
Because my jeans sag enough that you can see my buttcrack ... No , not really . Yesterday I put pressure on the supply side plumbing cold lines . Haven't filled the HWH yet because I might need to...

Excessive noise from second floor toilet
Builder's standard tank and bowl toilet on second floor of condo. Drain runs from toilet down a vertical line between uninsulated walls in lower condo unit. When flushed it sound in the lower unit is...
14
14

Burnt Outlet
Had a potential fire hazard occur a few days ago when a plug for an electri c baseboard heater (the outlet is behind some furniture) apparently develop ed a bad connection. Perhaps the plug was not...
25
25

Fl murderer convicted in loud music
He will be retried for murder due to hung jury and faces 60+ years with current convictions. Not ideal but it's not over.
43
43

15 minutes or more for draining
A few years ago I had bath Fitters install a complete acrylic wall and tub over my outdated blue tub. As the installer was messing around the drain ar ea, which was exactly over the old area with the...
7
7

Please Help New York
Charity Drive begins a new Good Deed program on this Valentines Day. They said on the tv news that New York is running our of salt for their roads. Lets do a good deed. If everyone on this newsgroup...
9
9

Pella door leaks
I have a 4 year old house where the back door (Pella steel) leaks on the bo ttom corners. I can see the water on the wooden rail on the threshold and seems to only occur on the two corners vs the...
15
15

Flat washers
Just used a bunch of flat washers on a job, yesterday. Reminds me how the simple things in life are so important.
63
63

Economy so bad in the USA - even bee hives get stolen!
Bee hives? Really? Life is so tough in the US right now that you are thieving bee hives from each other. "Beekeepers have always been concerned about theft" What a country of thieves you are. Even if...
19
19

GFCI outlets
Is it ok to make each outle tin a GFCI circuit have its own GFCI outlet? Wh en my house was built, one GFCI outlet in one bathroom protects the outlets in three bathrooms, so If it trips, the other...
19
19