Subject Author Posted Replies

paint or stain, how to tell?
It's time to refinish my deck. About two third of the finish of the deck is gone. The other one third, being under shade, is still stubbornly adhered to the deck. How do I tell whether the finish is...
3
3

OT. Grouchy Hamsters
Scientists thought they knew how make hamsters friendlier. The opposite happened. <> Scientists accidentally produced a group of rage-fuelled hamsters after a lab test went sensationally wrong. The...
4
4

upper spray arm replacement for a Kenmore 665.1564993 Model
I want to use the spray arm from my Kenmore 665.1564993 Model dishwasher rack (upper) and attach it to a new dishrack I just ordered from sears. My old dishrack is badly rusted and needs replacement....
2
2

Can a steel Floor Frame Kit used for a deck?
I will install a 12x14 Yardistry gazebo in the backyard. I am looking at alternatives: Concrete or a conventional all-wood deck. My buddy who works in construction suggested a floor kit from Arrow....
2
2

[SOLVED] Phone goes haywire when plugged into car.
Car stuff starts at ***** In on Fri, 03 Jun 2022 13:36:26 +0300, micky
17
17

heat bulb wattage for outdoor cat house
I am planning on building an outdoor cat house here in Manitoba where temperatures get pretty frigid in the winter, as low as -48 degrees or so Celsius. I want our 2 outdoor cats to live in relative...
3
3

VIDEO car 3 pieces utility pole
-- Driving southbound on Weston Road approaching King Street, when a driver in a Pathfinder decides to take out a Utility/traffic pole. Fast thinking cross guard escorts children to safety. Toronto,...

Repair 100 foot length extension cords
When I repair long extension cords I put those thick leviton or starelo plugs on each end and usually I cut them at where there is wire showing. But I hate to cut a hundred foot length into four 25...
17
17

Identify old Skilsaw miter saw. Guard available?
Years ago I bought an old miter saw at a Boy Scout fundraiser. I didn't have a use for it but it was a good cause, and cheap, less than $20 I think. Then the sill plate rotted out in my shed, and I...
9
9

craftsman gas powered air compressor it will crank build up pressure then supposed to idle down but instead it just dies whats up
**craftsman gas powered air compressor cranks build up pressure then supposed to idle down but instead it just dies
1
1

Tips and Tricks
Some are handy when you don't have the right tool

Broan Allure hood vent
My Broan hood vent is about 10 years old. Both light bulbs burned out within days of each other. 1. Is that normal after so many years? 2. Can I replace them with LED bulbs safely?

Submersible pump lake installation
I plan to to do this at our lake house using a submersible well pump. Obviously these pumps are vertical in a well. So the question is, do they have to be installed vertically in a lake, or is a 45...
7
7

Grinder Cutting Wheels - Pretty Cool Technology
These cutting wheels look really cool. I'm going to try them. The kerf might be a little wide though. <> https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-2-Pack-Steel-4-in-Cutting-Grinding-Wheel/50031412
11
11

OT - don't drive an electric car, take the bus instead
An Electric Bus Caught Fire After Battery Explosion in Paris A video recording shows the start of the fire which completely consumed an electric RATP bus on Friday 29 April. The incident caused no...
27
27