Subject Author Posted Replies

Switch For Fan/Heater Unit On 20A Circuit
I have some questions related to the switches that can/should be used for a fan/heater combination unit. I want to install a Panasonic FV-11VH2 in my bathroom. The unit requires a 20A circuit, which I...
12
12

If You Have Trouble Seeing......
I picked up an EZ Eyes keyboard at the dollar store and it is inexpensive but very easy to see if you have vision problems. The keys are yellow with large black letters and it helps me a lot. The item...
1
1

Can I offset a bathtub drain when I put in a wider bathtub?
While I'm in my bathroom, I noticed that I could replace the bathtub with one that is two inches deeper. That would make for better baths. I could also, without even going past the tile, get a tub...
5
5

Savings on Electric
In another post you may have read about saving on oil. I'm also saving some electricity. In recent months I've had to replace a couple of appliances, washing machine and dishwasher. Both are energy...
1
1

Stormin Mormon saved me a lot of money on OIL
I go another oil delivery yesterday. I've been tracking my oil use and the degree days for a few years. But let me back up a bit. A few years ago, I was doing some research on a new oil fired boiler...
7
7

OT Blocking telemarketers
I signed up for this free service and for the last 30 hours the phone in my house (AT&T landline) has been quieter than usual. I just plain had enough of that crap.
75
75

Can a bathroom fan be too big?
If the calculations for a bathroom exhaust fan (cubic feet + equivalent duct length) indicate an 80 CFM fan, is there any issue with using a 110 CFM fan?
20
20

Kenmore dishwasher -- rubber/plastic bits falling out (from door?)
We have a Kenmore dishwasher model 665.13862K602 that is working fine without any leaks, but from time to time we find thin bits of black rubber or plastic material on the floor underneath the door,...
6
6

OT Car insurance complaints
Seriously thinking of changing from Farmers to AARP/Hartford car insurance to get much cheaper rates when I upgraded my vehicle to a newer one. Googled AARP/Hartford auto insurance complaints Some...
4
4

How long does Sharkbite last?
How long does Sharkbite last? I have to replace a toilet shut-off valve and all that HD had was Sharkbite. They say it doesn't leak but they don't say for how long it doesn't leak. I don't like the...
10
10

Daylight Savings
Don't fergit to get up at 2am and change your clock. In fact, if you want to do it right, wait until 3:30am, after everybody else has set their clocks, just to be sure. Spring back, fall forward! Guv...
9
9

How to set up a spare Linksys WRT54Gv2 as a wired access point network extender
I realize most of you home repair and wireless router gurus probably already know all of this; but, it took me quite a while to figure out (from various sources) how to set up a spare Linksys WRT54Gv2...
11
11

OT Hats and bad manners. What's up
Okay, I understand that some of our youth are not the best mannered. But what about all the old farts like me (71 yrs.). Were we not trained to take off our hats when indoors. Jeesh, I even see them...
15
15

Cutting plexiglass
I had a bear of a time cutting some plexiglass without cracking it. It was 3/16 inch thick. Using a very fine toothed sabre saw did not work. I tried scoring it with a sheet rock knife. I finally made...
15
15

Chinky stinky, what you thinky?
Just got an impact driver from Harbor Freight. The thing stinks. I mean, really stinks. Is that the usual for Chinese HF tools?
9
9