Subject Author Posted Replies

Youbo work bench
I just ordered one of the Youbo benches. About time someone came up with a better idea. I've bought many tools from Lee Valley You can see some of the best by putting AFD in the search box.
1
1

T12 Electronic Ballast Replacement Question
I have 3 sets of 2 lamp 4' T12 florescent lights in my kitchen. Expect for one which I replaced last year I believe they have the original ballasts. My question is are the 2 blue wires and the 2 red...
3
3

Toilet tank help!!
I was taking off my toilet tank per instructions do put in new "guts". While unscrewing the bolts that hold the tank to the bowl, I broke off a chunk of porcelain in which the bolt connects to. The...
10
10

Battery operated weed trimmers?
Weed trimmer, string trimmer, edger, whatever you call them? Anyone have/had one using batteries? I dislike fooling with gasoline and little twu-cycle engines and my current electric unit has that...
10
10

Alkaline battery chargers (2023 Update)
I just saw this ad: Anyone know it they work and how much energy you get after a charge, compared to a new cell? Daily Steals offers the best deals on computers, iPhones, computers, home goods,...
28
28

Visit This House Being 3D Printed in Amsterdam Right Now
This is so cool and I believe may be the wave of the future with so many possibilities. ^_^ TDD If you think 3D printing is only good for making flimsy paperweights, then you're pretty much right....
4
4

Medical errors are linked to 440,000 deaths each year.
Medical errors are linked to 440,000 deaths each year. So you all better sign up for ObamaScare! Monday is the deadline! About 440,000 Americans die in the hospital each year because of medical...
1
1

Does anyone know about Danze faucets?
I am looking at this faucet. It has all of the features I am looking for in a utility sink faucet. The price point is perfect and the Amazon reviews are good. Problem is, I've never heard of Danze...
9
9

OT computers
My machine is old, 12 yrs to be exact. I do believe my hard drive is dying. Wouldn't mind keeping my monitor, but would like to increase memory, speed, etc. And, specifically would like all my...
233
233

FloodSafe Washer Hoses - They Work!
It was way past time to replace my rubber washer hoses. The reason for the delay was that my shutoffs were too far away from the washer for a single hose. I had been using a 5? hose and a 3? hose...
6
6

Can I re-use old horse-hair plaster as filler to re-plaster walls?
I have a house built in 1880. There is no insulation in the walls and most of the plaster is crumbling and falling off. My idea is to remove the lath and plaster, insert insulation and new wiring,...
3
3

Unknown symbol, for drafting?
What do you cal the drafting symbol that is a capital L with a c or an o superimposed on the vertical part of the L? What does it mean? Thanks.
11
11

What am I doing so wrong in this kitchen sink strainer removal process?
My sister calls me up with a report of a slow kitchen sink leak. It turns out to be the connection between plastic and metal: I tried using the "correct" tool, but it just bungled up the ring: I tried...
31
31

OT: Bewildering auto insurance rates
I'm looking for insurance for my new-to-me car. I sure don't understand the widely varying rates for the same coverage. From AARP/Hartford with no local agent, $568 a year, Central Insurance ompanies,...
27
27

stuck sink supply water valve
you know, the valves under the sink. They are both stuck (open, fortunately). Is this a common problem? What is the solution? How do you prevent this from happening?
2
2