Subject Author Posted Replies

Tips and Tricks
Some are handy when you don't have the right tool

Broan Allure hood vent
My Broan hood vent is about 10 years old. Both light bulbs burned out within days of each other. 1. Is that normal after so many years? 2. Can I replace them with LED bulbs safely?

Submersible pump lake installation
I plan to to do this at our lake house using a submersible well pump. Obviously these pumps are vertical in a well. So the question is, do they have to be installed vertically in a lake, or is a 45...
7
7

Grinder Cutting Wheels - Pretty Cool Technology
These cutting wheels look really cool. I'm going to try them. The kerf might be a little wide though. <> https://www.lowes.com/pd/DEWALT-2-Pack-Steel-4-in-Cutting-Grinding-Wheel/50031412
11
11

OT - don't drive an electric car, take the bus instead
An Electric Bus Caught Fire After Battery Explosion in Paris A video recording shows the start of the fire which completely consumed an electric RATP bus on Friday 29 April. The incident caused no...
27
27

OT. Tesla Fire
<> All of the electrical controls quit working including the door locks. There is an emergency release but maybe it isn't obvious enough, A driver whose Tesla began to spew smoke had to kick out its...
35
35

Are Chimney Caps Bad Idea In Heavy Snow Area
I was considering a chimney cap for my house. Our chimney is only connected to a oil furnace. I live in New England and we get heavy snow. I'm concerned the chimney cap will get clogged by snow. Are...
8
8

Ford recall for fires
I guess I was wrong about the number of cars recalled for fire hazard. Forgot about this one April 25, 1996, Ford Motor Company announced it would conduct one of the largest recalls for a...
5
5

OR: interesting pollution turning up from rolling fire bombs
Bad point. EV fires are very dangerous. Fuel powered, are also dangerous, but not to the degree that EV's are. Fuel powered do catch fire more often as a percent, than EV's but the result is far more...
75
75

Granite Dining Table
I found this out of idle curiosity.< <>
1
1

With Garage door disconnected the chain only moves a foot or so.
I had an issue with my door not opening or closing, so I disconnected my door from the drive to look at adjustments and sensors, I then tried the drive without the door and noticed it only came out a...

Outdoor spigot leaking from handle when turned on
My terminology might be wrong, so I apologize if I’m calling something by the wrong name. I’m trying to stop our outdoor spigot from leaking from the handle when turned on. It doesn’t leak when...
9
9

Water not coming on after ball valve turned off
We turned off the water supply going outside of the house during winter and we just turn that supply back on but there's no water coming out of the outside faucet. The lever connected to ball valve...

What will electrical code let me use this for?
This plug is rated for 15 A, 125 V, and 2 W. See the label: it be a code violation to use it on an appliance that uses more than 2 W? Usually you're in trouble if you don't follow the label.
6
6

Ceiling fan wobble
I have two Hunter T-type model 28016 ceiling fans in my new condo. They appear to date ftom 2001. One works fine at all three speeds, but the other one wobbled signifcsntly at medium and high. And it...
8
8