Subject Author Posted Replies

retrofit 1-gang box that attaches to stud?
I want to add an electric outlet on the other side of a wall that has an outlet. The wiring would be trivial. However, I don't like the common retrofit box that uses a pair of fly-out plastic tabs to...
6
6

OT - Neat Math Trick
I love math tricks and this one really works and will only take you about ten seconds. Amazing it really works to reveal my all-time favorite movie. I'm pretty good at math, so I did it in my head,...
19
19

Papa Johns deceptive advertising.......
My GF and her son ordered a pizza from Papa Johns online..... Now they are running the double peperoni and bacon pizza for 12 bucks. But the store charged them 16 bucks since the local franchise does...
29
29

OT Mystery #45387
How do the publishers put those advertising cards in the magazines and catalogs that don't fall out during delivery but IMMEDIATELY start falling out the instant you pick up the publication?
1
1

Electric Tankless Water Heaters
Our oil-fired water heater is getting temperamental and may have to be repl aced. (It turns off overnight and needs to be reset but not on warm nights, only on cold nights.) A friend said that they...
59
59

Does anybody know how to get a single pin F96T12 fixture open?
This fixture no longer works. It is screwed to the rafters in my shed from inside the case. The cover to the case (where the wiring and ballast reside) looks like it is crimped on, there are no...
4
4

Somewhat OT - advice on John Deere Sabre tractor battery install
Bought this older tractor last fall and it worked fine. Removed the batter y for the winter, and wanted to reinstall. When I looked at the install spot, for the life of me I couldn't recall if this...
5
5

Curling wallpaper
How can I soften the curled-up edges of my vinyl-coated wallpaper so I can re-glue it to the wall?
3
3

Screen mesh for gable louver vent
Hi all, it is time for me to replace the screen mesh on my gable louvers, as it is a tight mesh, and rather clogged. Looking at new louver assemblies at the local Ace dealership, I notice that the...
5
5

OT, Bathroom Accessory
Here's my next purchase from Amazon: ^_^ TDD TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL
1
1

Stannah Stairlift 420
Does anyone have a manual or detailed pictures so we can insure we are installing this correctly?
3
3

torque wrench and universal joints
I have found this equation that applies to torque as applied thru an angle. T * cos A = TA; where TA is the applied torque (to a bolt), T is the torque applied from the wrench, and A is the angle...
3
3

Suction Cups Holding ?
Hello, Have a bird feeder that is held against the glass window via the typical soft plastic suction cups. They hod, but only for a relatively short time; perhaps a day or two. What is the secret to...
25
25

curious about a volt meter reading
I was removing one of two light fixtures in my shed. It's an old 8 foot fl uorescent that hasn't worked since I've lived here. I intended to unwire i t from the junction box. I turned off the switch...
16
16

Fertilizer spreader settings
A couple of years ago I replaced our no-name spreader, for which settings were always a very wild guess because no fertilizer bags showed the proper settings for it, by a Scotts Edge-Guard, for which...
5
5