Subject Author Posted Replies

This is why north-american cell phones don't have TV tuners...
Part of the new capabilities that came with the switch to digital TV broadcasting was the potential to broadcast on special sub-channels designed with mobile devices in mind. We know that this has not...
8
8

holes from old mortice lock mean I can't fit a new one....
Hi there The mortice lock in my wooden door is a 2 lever with a handle attached. I want to put in a 5 lever one. No problem with the actual fitting, however the screw holes are in different places...
13
13

"Moss" On House Siding ?
Hello, Live outside of Boston. Typical Colonial, with white painted clapboards. Lots of big, green, what I will call Moss (but may be wrong term for), spotted areas on one side of house. Really don't...
8
8

New tires and wheels for a child's wagon
I have a Radio Flyer Steel and Wood All-Terrain Wagon (model #32). The tubes keep losing air but Harbor Freight doesn't have tubes with 'bent' valves. Even if I could find the right tubes, I don't...
6
6

Replace tire on Radio Flyer wagon
I have a Radio Flyer Steel and Wood All-Terrain Wagon (model #32). The tubes keep losing air but Harbor Freight doesn't have tubes with bent valves. Radio Flyer's website has a "wheel kit" -- which...
2
2

Recoating floor. . .
About 10 years ago we had our floors -- some hardwood some pine -- finished with polyurethane. They are beginning to get dull. Could I just give the floors a light sanding, then put on one or more new...
7
7

Salt water vs tab floater pool
I am getting ready to have a summer testing both, side by side. My neighbor has me watching his salt water pool and I am a floater guy. So far it is not looking good for the salt pool. There is...
8
8

Vinyl floor removal
I want to take up the vinyl sheet floor in my downstairs bathroom. It is a concrete pad and the original floor from 30 years ago. Looks like it was spread with an adhesive and the sheet laid on top...
23
23

Toilet sounds like jet engine as it refills
Just bought this condo and everything is pretty good mechanical-wise with the exception of one toilet. When you flush it as it refills it sounds like a jet engine. The tank fills at a normal rate so I...
1
1

Why do windows suck caulk
Why do windows suck caulk Does anyone know? Or are they just naturally caulk suckers?
1
1

OT. Lunar pictures
From The pictures were taken in advance of the moon landings. For five years, a group of self-described techno-archaeologists working in an old, abandoned McDonald's have been on a mission: to recover...
5
5

Hardwood floor installation
Planning to lay 3/4" hardwood floor soon to my upstairs (2nd floor bungalow). Watched a few you tube videos to see if there is anything I can still learn. Some videos show a barrier between the...
15
15

What is the "payment due date"?
Abez znow! Which, in Ukrainian means "So that you know" but really means "So that later on you have no recourse in claiming you didn't know." I just got my April VISA bill in the mail today. They...
29
29

Side door
Higgs Boson has left town; too embarrassed to admit he was yakking on about hollow core exterior side door --when it was ***solid core*** all the time! I am carrying out HB instructions to post this...
6
6

fix shed roof that's hard to reach
The edge of my shed roof has rotted. It's a standard shingle over wood deck, about a 4/12 I'd guess, only one story. I think I just need to cut out a strip of the end of the deck and replace. It...
15
15