Subject Author Posted Replies

Labor Force Participation Rate for 25-29 Year-Old americans Hits Record Low
So how's that recovery go'in - eh? What a crock of a country you are. Your decade-long invasion and destruction of Iraq and occupation of Afghanistan has left your economy in ruins - at least for 80%...
2
2

Data Recovery
Someone was looking for data recovery software a while back. There is a very good program available free for one day at Glarysoft's give away site. 5-8-14 Snag it if you can now because there's no...
23
23

Axe Head flew off handle THROUGH wall of my neighbor's house!!
Was chopping some spare wood in my back yard when the above transpired. Entry "wound" is clean: original wood siding, no insulation exterior wall, and interior sheetrock is large V-shaped hole. Thank...
22
22

How long does boiler last?
We live in a six-unit apartment building which is heated by radiators. The boiler is a commercial, as opposed to residential unit. I understand these don't last as long as residential systems. Could...
7
7

Tree Problem/Question
My neighbor planted a tree close to my property line. In five years, it has gotten quite large, and it is still growing. He owns a concrete strip between our property and it is now starting to crack...
18
18

OT USA 1932
3
3

Removing vinyle sideing, then replacing with the removed siding
I have a window I need to replace on a small wall on the north side of my h ouse. I got to thinking, I wonder if I could remove the siding on that one wall, replace the window, and add on top of the...
10
10

Trying to find old sears garage opener remote 132A1812
My sears garage opener has worked many years with no problem, the only problem I've run into recently is the remote now only works every now and then. It's not the battery. I would hope somewhere on...
9
9

Need to make airtight 2x50' long 1.5" diameter vacuum hoses for siphon
Any ideas on how to make an airtight connection of two 50-foot long 1.5" diameter pool vacuum hoses for siphoning? This isn't working (it's leaking & therefore not siphoning)
41
41

Installing Central A/C Yourself?
I've been getting quotes for central A/C and they all seem very high. The basic components are available to me at the following prices: Air Conditioning Condensing Unit Horizontal Discharge, 13 SEER,...
16
16

Would You Buy A Touchless Toilet Flush Kit?
Upgrade your toilet to a no-touch flush. This easy-to-install retrofit kit brings a KOHLER touchless flush to almost any toilet. Once it's installed, just hold your hand over the tank sensor to...
20
20

Garden hose connections
How can I keep garden hose connections usable? After a year or two, the connections are corroded and impossible to unscrew, even using WD-40 or other freeing chemicals. Is there something I can smear...
26
26

First plow
I was looking through one of those Today in History sites. Supposedly John Deere made his first plow on this date back in 1833. More on early plows here: TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a...

Wallet stolen, house cleaning robot indicted
My Daytimer wallet, which was on the nightstand next to the bed, disappeared - coincidentally right after the cleaning woman came and went. While I didn't suspect her (known her for over 40 years!) I...
3
3

ETQ Generator follow up
About year 2006, I bought an ETQ 1200 watt generator on Ebay. It was about $130 including shipping. I used it a couple times for a friend's power cut. Worked fine, to run an old furnace, with the big...
6
6