Subject Author Posted Replies

rewired kitchen
now we can run the microwave, toaster and coffee maker all at the the same time. Each has it's own separate circuit The hardest part: Cleaning under the stove! Had to move it and wow what a mess of...
7
7

heat to AC changeover?
What could this guy be talking about? It takes weeks to swtich from heat to AC? On a building built in 1970? "Why did I want a portable air conditioner? I live in a condominium apartment that was...
10
10

Room over Garage
Finally started the project. How's it look so far?
4
4

Bending aluminum
I want to bend a 3" long, 1/4" thick x 2" wide flat stock aluminum bar to roughly a 7" radius "U" shape which will give me a 14" (ID) gap between ends. I'm reading methods of bending aluminum and some...
12
12

Craftsman riding mower wont stay running
I have a craftsman LT2000 riding mower that will start and run fine but after running for about 5 minutes it just dies and this didn't start until after I hit a metal plate and broke a spindle and...
2
2

Water Heater dripping like noise
all of a sudden near my water heater in the garage something is making a dripping like noise it sounds like it's the water heater, but no water is seen anywhere the washing machine is on the other...
37
37

Early Kohler toilet fill valve parts?
Anyone know if service parts ball float fill valve for Kohler toilets about 30 years old are available anywhere? All I need is the part called a "plunger" the thing at the top of the assembly which...
3
3

Washable/electrostatic furnace filters
Hi, Any comments as to how good/bad washable/electrostatic furnace filters are? The local humane society has three furnaces which take 16x25x4" filters, and displosable ones aren't exactly cheap...
5
5

replacement wire size
When replacing the wiring for a stove what size wire should be used? I am replacing 3 wires with 4 wire.
35
35

Safe way to remove branches around power transformer?
I have a tree with branches that are beginning to impinge on the power line going from the transformer to the house. What are the safety consideration s in removing these branches myself? If I'm up in...
23
23

xfinity
For those on comcast Internet. I was looking for a thread, can't find I here. If you have a wifi device, tablet, etc, you can connect in certain areas, states, with xfinity hot spots. If you see...
12
12

heat pump water heater
Not really a repair, but our electric water heater is 17 years old, but working OK. We are a family of three, but I think we use a lot more hot water than an average family of three (some of us take...
13
13

PVC threaded fittings into Vacuum Breaker -- shorten threaded part?
I'm replacing the indoor section of the plumbing that feeds our sprinkler system. The old PVC threaded fittings screwed in far enough that the shoulder of the fitting contacted the body of the vacuum...
3
3

Synthetic roofing underlayment?
I'm getting a new roof. One of the roofer is proposing to use a synthetic underlayment in place of the traditional felt. He showed me samples of felt and the synthetic and asked me to try to tear...
5
5

Masonry bits. vs. Hammer drill bits
Masonry bits. vs. Hammer drill bits I had assumed they were the same. Maybe not? Hammer drill bits seem very expensive. The cheapest was $4.50 and I think that one was small. A lot are 40 dollars or...
23
23