Subject Author Posted Replies

Follow-up on flooding parking lot,
This was the first paragraph of my first post about the parking lot that floods. "How much water can a drain beside the road that is 4 inches high by 6 feet long, that feeds a 22 to 24" diameter pipe...
5
5

How can young people use Facebook?
How can young people use Facebook? None of them even know how to read a BOOK. All they know is how to push buttons on battery eating gadgets that beep. And since not too many older people use...
5
5

Facebook Follies
Heard on the radio today: Guy gets home from work, finds his place broken in, and lot of stuff stolen. However, the crook checked facebook on the HO's computer, and left his FB profile logged on....
1
1

How to truck 1,000 gallons of potable water to a residence
Do you have experience or ideas for trucking potable water to a residence? We haven't had rain in a year or so, and some of my neighbor's wells are running dry. They asked me to figure out an...
273
273

How effective is the National Do Not Call Registry?
From the web site......... Scammers have been making phone calls claiming to represent the National Do Not Call Registry. The calls claim to provide an opportunity to sign up for the Registry. These...
43
43

Through-the-wall Air Conditioner
I finally replaced the old through-the-wall air conditioner this morning, s omething that's been on my urgent project list for several years now. It wo rks well and when the compressor goes on, the...
6
6

"Hollow core" wooden door
What does "hollow core" mean? Have been getting different answers. Last input from local hardware store says it doesn't mean there's nothing in there; it means door is filled with ?? something. What?...
10
10

OT - Teralux 5-EX LED module for home repair
The TLE-5EX went in OK. It is noticably brighter than the Ebay unit it replaces, and reasonably white light output. The Ebay unit was slightly blue light. The current draw is .49 amps at about 3...

What is the actual effect of iso-cyanuric acid (CYA) stabilizer on chlorine in an uncovered outdoor home pool
As an offshoot of another thread (on chlorine true costs), I bring out this discussion, mostly by trader4 and me, on what the *actual* effect is of CYA on chlorine sanitization for an *outdoor* home...
42
42

how much concrete?
I want to pour a 4 x 8 slab four inches thick at the entrance to a garden shed.Will someone please tell me how many 80lb sacks of concrete I will need? Thanks for any reply
17
17

The Scooter Store
I recently have learned of the closing of 'The Scooter Store', stopping the sale of its battery-powered motorized chairs. Wouldn't you know, we have one. And wouldn't you know, it has stopped running....
27
27

T 1-11 Siding application
We have a 400 foot building that we refer to as the back house. It has electrical, phone, heat and a fireplace. No plumbing. The idiots who owned this house before built it and much like everything...
44
44

LED Bulb Recommendation
Hi, As mentioned in a previous post, we will replace some of the 85 halogen bulbs (50W) in our house with LEDs. Despite all those bulbs the house is seriously underlit. The standard 50W equivalent...
11
11

3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
Anyone used this ? Does it stay fused and last for a long time ? 3M SCOTCH 70 Self Fusing Silicone Rubber Electrical Tape
3
3

Which PEX Crimp Rings are Best?
While shopping for a PEX crimp tool, bothj at local stores and online, I have found there are two types of crimp rings. There are the staniless steel ones that appear to be more expensive, but look to...
3
3