Subject Author Posted Replies

replacing 32" x 22" wood frame basement windows
I have a wood frame single pane 32" x 22" hopper style window that was installed in the 60's that is in a storage room in the basement. I was think of using a glass block/with vent from Lowes...
6
6

pluggable toiilet
Are there toilets that can be plugged like one plugs a sink with a rubber stopper? Not to keep water from going down but to keep it from coming up. Are there bathroom style sinks whose drain can be...
34
34

Independance Day
To celebrate Independence Day, I'm going to a couple service calls, to pay my overwhelming debt. I'll drive my NYS inspected, EPA approved vehicle. Complying with the speed limits, and sobriety...
52
52

OT Which direction is your ceiling fan SUPPOSED to run?
It's HOT, so I thought run the ceiling fan so the cool air comes across the stone flooring and moves by me to be sucked up into the ceiling fan - so I feel cooler. Fan is set to move air UP Earlier I...
241
241

Bathroom Tiles
For a shower wall. Any tips and tricks?
13
13

fireplace insert faceplate
had a fireplace insert faceplate fabricated, have just painted it and now need to attach it to tile. looks more or less like this the faceplate is flat and I would like to glue it to...
4
4

OT Good broadband internet?
I'm looking to get rid of my slow dial-up internet connection using Centurylink. Replace it with a broadband service needing no landline ($40 a month). All those - cable, wireless - that I Googled...
33
33

Does my air conditioner need service
Last night I returned home from a month long vacation. Outside temperature was about 90, and the humidity was very high. I turned the a/c on and set the thermostat to 68 degrees. The a/c ran for at...
22
22

Why do I keep having to add acid to my pool?
I keep having to add acid to my pool and I don't know why. The total alkalenity is high at around 200ppm. I use the trichlor tablets in a feeder for clorine. When I add the acid the level goes to 7.5...
1
1

closed window - home is hot
Hi all I have one big window (140 cm height, 210 cm width) in the first floor of 1 .5 story home. This window can not be opened or closed (has no doors). Thes e days are so hot to be inside the house...
68
68

Whirlpool D/W model DU101SXTXS3 - grate removable?
Nothing about it in the manual; called the company too. I don't own this machine and am reluctant to call the landlord for service unless I really can't remove these obstructions on my own. I kind of,...
13
13

how to brace wall from outside
Have a load bearing wall with 4 floor to ceiling windows. I would like to close these up. I can get braces built on the inside. Not sure how to brace from the outside though. It's straight up. Pics 1...
7
7

8-year old Frigidaire 5000 btu Window AC - Timers intermittent!
Mid-2000s Frigidaire 5000 btu Window AC - Timers frickn NOT WORKING! I own two of these, one is 5000 and the other a 10,000 btu, both of this style, electronic, with remotes: I turn them on, press...
4
4

July is Open Window Month
A word to the wise....

Las Vegas Is Screwed -> The Water Situation Is As Bad As You Can Imagine
"Unless it can find a way to get more water from somewhere, Las Vegas is out of business. Yet they?re still building, which is stupid.? There are stupid people in the US? I'm shocked, I tell you....
61
61