Subject Author Posted Replies

Re: wiring diagram for inside an attic roof fan thermostat.
That's the shame? Really? You don't think that all the political discussion is the actual shame? As guilty of joining in as I am, I still think that is the real shame. To be honest, I'm surprised that...
3
3

Length between vertical supports for an 11ft hammock?
The kids have outgrown the backyard swingset and we're thinking of repurposing it as a hammock stand. The longest distance between two vertical poles is 11ft-9inches. I see lots of variables in...
9
9

How to Remove Hot-Glue Without Heat?
Is there a solvent that works?
4
4

two stroke oil substitute
In a pinch, for something like a weed wacker or backpack blower or chain saw, can automotive synthetic motor oil be used in place of two-stroke oil? What's the difference between two-stroke oil and...
23
23

Automatically created websites?
Why do I often find websites with very weird English? Have these been translated badly or entirely computer generated? Here's an example: "Most of the hobbits and professional electronic have one...
34
34

Hand held water vaccum DIY?
Anyone have suggestions for an inexpensive (perhaps fifty dollars or so?) hand held water vacuum DIY project (hundred dollars maximum)? The major constraints are: a. It has to be cheap b. It has to...

Is the 4th a four day holiday?
Is July 4th a four day holiday? Is the forth day Friday or Tuesday? -T
5
5

LED Replacement Bulb/Power Unit- Can't Find
I can't find a replacement part for an LED light that goes in a recessed ceiling housing. In mid-2014, I had three matching recessed LED lights installed in my bathroom ceiling. One started to flicker...
4
4

OT Is there a phone number you can call to hear the news?
OT Is there a phone number you can call to hear the news? There used to be phone numbers to hear the time and the weather. Was there, and is there, a number to hear a summary of news? If so, what is...
9
9

OT: Sticky Pre-Authorizations On Your Credit Card
Just got off the horn with American Express complaining that a gas station I tanked-up at last week still has not removed the $175 pre-authorization hold charge that they put on my card when I stuck...
58
58

LPG conversion kits
Since we now have a large propane tank I'm considering adding a conversion kit to our portable generator . I'm looking for feedback from anyone who has done this ... my local propane dealer said that...
4
4

OT? California Water
A couple articles about the lack of water in California and the difficulty of getting new water projects approved. Californians invested tons of money in water infrastructure in the past. The first...
4
4

discontinued Brighton 266 offwhite ceiling tiles
looking for some discontinued Armstrong ceiling tiles - - they are not the same Brighton at the HomeDepot and Lowes - these are an off white SC266 where the pattern is offwhite with more of a water...

Does expanding foam conduct electricity before it dries?
Does expanding foam conduct electricity before it dries? Would it be safe for it to come into contact with live electrical wires before it sets?
19
19

OT. Optical Perpetual Motion
Just a neat oddball gizmo. <> Optical Perpetual Motion Machine Idea. The great discovery of Munchausen Research Centre. Two new physics Laws! Optical Perpetual Motion Machine fun Idea Optical...
5
5