Subject Author Posted Replies

what is the name of the green slime that gets on the side of my house?
It's like green slime. You can power wash it off. It's not moss, or algae, or ivy. We do live in the woods, but in a open area.
4
4

Possible A/C Duct Leak between floors of 2 story home
We recently had a new central A/C system installed, but this problem was ha ppening BEFORE the new installation. After hurricane Andrew, our home's upstairs (CBS downstairs/wood frame upst airs)...
3
3

Replace drywall joint tape - is it necessary?
I am removing the popcorn ceiling from a very small bathroom. This is my first attempt. The old material is coming off fairly easily but when I get to the edges, the joint tape is loose and coming up...
6
6

OT - Israel and Gaza doing a lot of home repairs
I'll admit, I don't remember which show. Might have been Sean Hannity. The radio host is talking to someone, about the Israel Iron Dome, and the Israel firing into the Gaza. I was astounded to hear...
18
18

free alignment check
I bought a set of tires. Installation included a free alignment check. The cost of an alignment was substantial. I told the manager to call me if he thought I needed one, and tell me what his check...
17
17

OT - Francis Crick, Father of molecular biology
I like CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) radio. I listen to it when I'm working in an empty suite. Today, they had an interview with Cristof Koch, who was a close personal friend of Crick. Crick,...
4
4

Lawn Aerator
Anybody know where to get an aerator that's basically a 20-gallon barrel with a row of aerator tubes fastened around each head? The one I'm looking for is pulled by hand. I have too much area to cover...
67
67

What is too shallow for a 4ft Chain Link Fence?
I'm in the process of digging holes for a chain link fence, but I've encountered a few issues. There is a shed in my back yard where I had planned to dig a hole at the corner and then have it run...
8
8

Ideas requested for an inexpensive "pizza stone" (thick brick for electric oven)
Any suggestions for an inexpensive 15"x17" baking stone? With the wife out of town for the summer, the kitchen is essentially undefended, so, I am baking my own meals from scratch for the first time...
21
21

What tools can I use to sharpen these kitchen knives?
What tools can I use to sharpen these kitchen knives? I have never sharpened a knife before, but I have a few rather old tools I got from somewhere ages ago which I think, are intended for sharpening...
33
33

Buy my hot car
GREAT NEWS! The Barina has been sold! NRMA Insurance have made a generous donation to the Cancer Council for the Barina. Such a great result! // I'm trying to sell my awesome little car. It's a 1999...

moen faucet repair
My bathtub spigot is leaking. It takes Moen 1224 cartidges. I have replaced these cartridges before and have the special tool that removes the retaining nut buried deep inside. The problem is I can't...
7
7

Toilets
It gets confusing looking at all the makes and models. Looking in the $250 range for a basic white, elongated toilet. Looking at reviews, it appears people with bad experiences are more apt to blast...
19
19

Axles and tires for power wheelchair
I've got a scooter that has a 11/16" keyed axle but most replacement wheels I can find on Ebay have a 13/16" hole. I seem to recall from machine shop in 1969 that a motor shaft can be fitting with a...
39
39

Overhead power for a workbench?
A few decades back, a UK-published book on workrooms and workbenches showed overhead track not just for lighting but for short drop-down extension power cords as well. Whether any such system was ever...
4
4