Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: ? National infrastructure crisis
Not sure if this is really OT, because major infrastructure failures can an d DO threaten our homes, cars, etc. Did anyone read about major leak on the campus of UCLA (University of South ern...
24
24

80 year old conduit
After some wiring upgrades in my house I went around with an outlet tester to confirm all polarities and grounds were correct. All tested good. Later, doing some plumbing work, I noticed that on one...
60
60

How to clean this up
My neighbor had her patio stand replastered by contractors. Its the white t o the left. I do not know what they used. They first added some wiring and then mixed something in a can and the left side...
9
9

OT: National "Intelligence"
Scroll down to the circle of badges. Makes you feel safer already, doesn't it! HB The Intelligence Community (IC) is a group of Executive Branch agencies and organizations that work separately and...
2
2

Swimming Pool
There are pipes above the ground leading to the cholorinator and other thin gs. Anyway, one is leaking a little ... there is an "indentation" a little larger than a bottle cap - bleached white - and I...
4
4

OT news sevice
I've used News Individual Net (NIN) for years but have often had problems with their payment service, Pick and Save. I don't use Paypal. Can anyone suggest another good Usenet news service? TIA
13
13

DVD player acting up
This is the first & only one I've ever had. Zenith - about 6 years old -- so DK how to diagnose: Fix or dump? It won't load DVDs. Either door OPENS or it says CHECK DISK. Tried this with a variety of...
23
23

OT Would not have believed this
2
2

security for double doors
I'm looking for something to secure a set of double doors on the front of the house. The door is rarely used and never opened from the outside. The doors have the regular door handle lock plus a...
4
4

Luxury vinyl tiles
Anyone reading this have them? How do you like the flooring? I'm looking at a click together LVT. Just wondered what others thought about the flooring. Seems like flooring has come a long ways since I...
1
1

OT Razor strop dressing?
I thought they printed it out on your 3-D printer.
15
15

Should Freezer Door Swing Shut?
We replaced our refrigerator last month. The new one is similar to the old one with a top freezer. A few mornings ago, I woke to find that the freezer door had been partially open overnight, melting...
14
14

Faucet will not run after replacing
Hello, I had a leaky Delta faucet in the bathroom and replaced to seat and springs, now the faucet will not run or has a very very flow. Could the stem possibly be bad? I have very good water pressure...
7
7

Discount Appliance dealers?
My 45" Jennair cooktop is 32 years old and looks a bit tired. A new one from Sears costs $ 1300 plus shipping. I was shocked at the high price because it is really only the shell of the cooktop. Maybe...
6
6

Maytag MDC 400 AWE portable dishwasher
My brother bought a used Maytag portable dishwasher Model # MDC 4000 AWE and Serial # 17645704 UZ . He purchased a faucet adapter and it seemed to connect OK but the faucet coupler on the hose pops...
1
1