Subject Author Posted Replies

How do I compare 120VAC batteries to 20VDC batteries in terms of hours of use for hand tools?
How do I compare 120VAC batteries to 20VDC batteries in terms of hours of use for hand tools? I need to buy a new drill and I can go 120VAC or battery (DeWalt). The Jackery batteries are 293Wh for...
15
15

now being demolished
CBC News has learned two homes in a Meaford, Ont., development promoted by celebrity contractor Mike Holmes have been demolished because of alleged defects. CBC News’s Sophia Harris breaks down what...
21
21

OT. Star Trek Censoring
<> The opening of the original Starr Trek offends some now. The part that goes "To boldly go where no man has gone before." leaves women out. This must be parody. The writers at the Babylon Bee should...
25
25

Jeep recall
My step-nephew (Is there such a thing?) has several irons in the fire, including buying salvage cars and fixing them up. That is, paying a shop to fix them up. He trusts them to do it right because...
8
8

OT What does this bank email mean?
"The $N,000.00 funds transfer you requested has been sent to Bank of America, NA, account ending in 2355. The funds will be delivered to your bank by December 21, 2023. Keep in mind, the availability...

drowning in tub
On second thought, not OT. Matthew Perry was from dead from an apparent drowning in his hot tub tonight, at age 54. Neither drugs nor foul play are suspected by law enforcement. Normally I don't care...
1
1

How to fix at least some clogged toilets
My toilet was clogged. I promise you, all I put in it was TP and little bits of me. But clogged nonetheless. But I was going away for a month, so I figured it would all dissolve long before the month...

Icon of the Seas
Largest cruise ship is starting on its first tour. This thing can hold 7000 passengers. I don't get it. When i want to go on a vacation, I want a nice quiet pace, not hop on a boat with 7,000 people
38
38

OT? Climate Predictions vs. Observations
The predictions overstated the warming, so far anyhow. <> The Climate Models Are Wrong | Power Line
11
11

How did my brick house change color?
This page starts with two pictures of the outside of my home from 1957 to 64, when I was 10 to 17. There are more if you click. I lived there, it was red brick house, the standard red brick...
3
3

Jessico Bowman Blows Lid off Radical Leftist Organizations Trying to Take Down MAGA
A high-powered network of leftist organizations is trying to end not only former President Donald Trump but the MAGA movement, Secretary of the Republican Liberty Caucus Jessico Bowman said during an...

Solar Panel Financing Trickery
<> Complicated financial products helped the U.S. rooftop-solar-power industry grow, but now put it at risk of implosion.
15
15

Replacing a tire - on a measuring wheel
'm guessing the length to the trigger but unless the perspective is really off that doesn't look right either. Mainco Heavy Duty Measuring Wheel (DMW1100) Features: Cast Metal parts and tough neoprene...
11
11

Plier Misuse
A kid fell shoveling snow. <> https://dailycaller.com/2024/01/25/photos-plier-teen-impale-joey-zeman-wakeeney-kansas/
1
1

Rotary Telephones
They still work according to this article written in November of 2022. <> My parents had a rotary wall phone in the first farmhouse. It was also on a party line. There were maybe 6 or 8 other farms on...
2
2