7/8" copper HVAC tubing, anyone have a short piece?

I need about a foot of 7/8" copper HVAC tubing. That's 7/8" OD diameter, commonly used for the low pressure side. Anyone have a piece they are willing to sell? Prefer new, but used in good shape is OK too. Two 6 inch pieces are OK too. Contact me here or via email. Thanks!

Reply to
trader4

That's a toughy. Back when, you probably could go dumpster diving behind an hvac company but these days with the price of copper they are saving every scrap. What about using a short piece of id as a slip on? Or am I wrong in guessing you are trying to extend a freon line a little bit?

Reply to
jamesgangnc

Do you not have a plumbing supply place in your area? They usually sell it by the foot.

I have about 40 used feet in the basement that I am about to recycle.

Colbyt

Reply to
Colbyt

You're a genius. I just assumed that with water pipe using inside diameter and tubing using outside that copper water pipe would not work. Went down to HD today, fitting in hand, and sure enough the 3/4 copper water pipe fit the 7/8 tubing perfectly. For $10 I bought a 2ft piece.

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
trader4