Subject Author Posted Replies

Dyson DC07 quick fix when brush doesn't contact carpet.
that's what happens when you use a cheap vacuum
3
3

OT - Sales and marketing call
India sounding voice on the phone. "Hell this is from Morris Electric. I wonder if you can help me? "I rather doubt it. Have you considered calling suicide prevention, or a psychiatrist?" Pardon me?...
8
8

For Anyone Pretty Sharp With Cordless Phone Systems
So buy used. Was the base station capable of having more than one wireless phone to begin with? Or maybe you'll come a cross a used phone witha better base station she'll love even more. I boutght...
10
10

Report back on external dehumidifier control
I previously reported that I got a replacement for the old Gree (GE) dehumidifier. I used the check to buy a Frigidaire unit and a few $$$ to spend. The unit is, as was reported, quiet ... er and...

lawn mower won't self propel
I have a Toro 22" Recycler Model 20331 walk behind self-propelled lawn mower. A few weeks ago the front wheels stopped turning when the lever was engaged. I checked the belt while holding the lever...
21
21

OT - Thunderbird House
In the middle of what would be considered "Indian Territory" in Winnipeg is a building called "Thunderbird House". Thunderbird House is basically a cultural center for the native people living in...
7
7

Mower blades will not disengage
The blades run continuously, on my LT 1000. Is there an adjustment for the cable?
3
3

Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cable ends?
Why is the micro USB so fragile compared to mini USB cable ends? I bought a bunch of micro-USB cables recently from Frys, and almost half of them have had the two little nubs on the top of the male...
59
59

Avast fraud
Does anyone know of an "ombudsman" type of person or site where I could upload my problems with Avast. They sold me a policy to "fix anything wrong on computer". Not only do their techs not know their...
95
95

spray paint for home repair
I've had more than a few clogged, or just useless rattle cans of spray paint over the years. Does one brand work better than other brand? Do the cans have a shelf life? Should I shake them for some...
24
24

OT cleaners
Figured most of this group probably knows. Can you wash Depends, and which cleaner do you use?
3
3

Slow Leak
A few weeks back I posted that one of the pipes leading to the pool filter was leaking -- then I posted again and said, no - it wasn't leaking. I tho ught it was a mole that had caused the problem....
12
12

Painting plastic window latches worthwhile?
Hi all, friend is currently renting a house; all of the windows match and most are in good shape. A few have broken vacuum seals although I'm not dealing wit h that as it is rented. A few more have...
2
2

Baseboard with bi-fold doors
I have three closet openings with all drywall finished to the bottom and a continuous flow from the room into the closets. The closet doors are bi-fold with no wooden jamb or case molding on the...
3
3

OT -Which hearing aid batteries are better, Eveready or Ray-o-Vac?
Trying to decide what brand of hearing aid batteries to buy, wife has heard Eveready are not too good, RayoVac may be better. I'm curious if any actual data out there. Consumer Reports has nothing...
16
16