Subject Author Posted Replies

Kitchen Sink Drain Smells
Shine a light down that drain and see if you can see a water surface in the P-trap. If not, then it's very possible that sewer gas is coming up through that empty P-trap and causing it to smell bad....
1
1

non-porcelain bathtub repair question
Fiberglass? Some sort of plastic? It came new w/ a new house - all I know is that it isn't metal/porcelain. OK, that probably solves it - I'll have lay out a few bucks for a kit. (To me, if you have...
17
17

How to make a stencil kit in software for a wooden 3-foot long bathroom pass for San Jose schools
A neighbor just landed a job teaching at the San Jose Union School District (yes, in the bad side of town), where she asked me if I could help her with a "bathroom pass" intended to be send a message....
65
65

kill them all! - the new gas can?
I don't know if this design of this gas can is the result of the Florida law suit or not, but the gas can I just purchased was committee designed. It has no vent - it takes forever to dispense (gurgle...
92
92

Large volume caulking?
Is there a product like caulking but softer when applied? Something that can be easily applied from a squirt or spray can to fill a large space such as an inch or so crack several inches deep and more...
20
20

a rubber band for the quiet room
The quiet room in my house has only one seat. I find this discourages idle chatter, which makes it an excellent place to ponder. As I ponder, something inevitably occurs to me that I want to get on...
10
10

Two old fire extinguishers
About a year ago, I took two old disposable fire extinguishers out of a couple trailers. Replace them with Walmart Kidde units with the pressure gauge. I'd heard enough horror stories of old dry chem...
21
21

Promote
Cellulite Gone- No Weight Loss No Gym Routine (view mobile) 1 Pro-level Sales Copy/vsl For Massive Un-satisfied Cellulite Market. Simple Laser-targeted Home-toning Method Works Bigtime. The Only...
1
1

Whirlpool strikes again
Hi All, While trying to figure out what the heck on a wrong part from Whirlpool's parts diagram, I came across this video: Click on the "Repair video". Run it up to 2:45 and watch till 4:20. In...
17
17

How do you cut a door into this wall?
There is an exterior 10 ft wall to the garage that is made of 2x6 studs at approx 16 inch centers. Upon examining the tile roof line, that 'external' wall may be not a supporting wall at all. I can...
5
5

What size?
Okay, so I bought a heavy but powerful weedwacker from the same woman who gave me a great deal on the lawn mower. I guess they had to screw on the sold plastic guard around and above the wacker,...
10
10

What's a good top-loading washer?
I pulled out the machine today (GE WHRE5550K1WW) expecting to see water, which I did, but also found oil. Same color and smell as the same as with my previous GE washer - the one with the leaking...
20
20

Matching Paint
How do you match a paint color on drywall in a bedroom? Cut out of piece of the wall and take it to the paint store? Is there such thing as a portable color analyzer?
11
11

Refrigerator update
Thanks for the assist, although I have an additional tip to add. We went through and cleaned out of the coils underneath the fridge. About 4 hours later is was still very hot to the touch and we...
9
9

Where is this capacitor?
Hi All, On this parts diagram Page 9, item 32, the capacitor. Where is that thing attached? In back of the compressor? And to what terminals does it go? Many thanks, -T
6
6