Subject Author Posted Replies

OT disposable moment
Battery went dead on my calculator. Cheaper to go to DT and buy a new one. That offends the frugal in me. . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus . The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
20
20

itsy bitsy tankless water heater?
Itsy bitsy tankless water heater? I saw a thread a while back about tankless water heaters. How about this?. I only want to heat the hot water for one sink, in the bathroom. I haven't the patience to...
42
42

Customer service is back!!!
Had 2 occasions where customer service came through unexpectedly. Just when I'd thought customer service went out the window, surprise, surprise. 1. Ordered a Pfister tub/shower trim kit from the...
6
6

What would you use for a 100 foot long clothesline 50 feet up?
I have a third-story window that goes out to a grove of oak trees where I want to attach a clothesline from the window to the trees about 100 feet away. I will go to Home Depot and ask for clothes...
58
58

Whirlpool dryer want start and door light is off.
Our dryer was drying but turns off after a few minutes. We bought a new start switch and put it on. It ran for 2 minutes and stopped. When it cooled down it restarted for 2 minutes. Now it will not...
10
10

Bilco door bumps
This is the top of my Bilco cellar door. The horizontal line is the area wh ere the hidden hinge lies. If i scrape those little bubbles, some would rev eal holes that I would like to weld or whatever...
4
4

Bust these bumps
This is the top of my Bilco cellar door. The horizontal line is the area wh ere the hidden hinge lies. If i scrape those little bubbles, some would rev eal holes that I would like to weld or whatever...
1
1

pressure switches and ants
I just replaced my well pressure switch. Again. Ants had causes arcing and burned up the contacts. I DAGS for "ant proof pressure switch" but no useful results. Anyone know of one? I did find...
33
33

4" orangeburg to 4" PVC or ABS- or any orangeburg pipe
I just finished a DWV job with orangeburg at my home. First it omly cuts with a coarse saw, l used a pruneing blade BIG TEETH the creosote clogs the teeth fast so have a home propane torch handy and...

Why don't I smell sewer gases?
The toilet has been off the closet flange for a week, and I have not put anything in the drain pipe to prevent sewer gases from drifting up into the bathroom. Yet I don't smell any, and my smelling is...
18
18

Garage door springs replacement
The (non-torsion-type) springs on my garage door have never been replaced since I bought the house about 25 years ago. I'd like to replace them before I'm forced to. In looking around the net it...
21
21

Roper dryer will not start.
It's almost 10 y/o. Model RGS57745PQ0 (Natural Gas) I've checked owner's manual troubleshooting and checked the outlet. No problem there. Could be the timer or the "on" switch. I'm pressing the switch...
27
27

Removing flooring
I am trying to remove wood flooring in the kitchen. Part of cabinets are on top of wood flooring. We are replacing with tile. How can I get appropriate amount of wood flooring out without damaging...
4
4

What size subpanel can I use for 150A Main panel
I'm redoing a section in my house in which I am adding a new kitchen and bathroom. Since the main panel is getting pretty full, I wanted to put in a sub-panel. My house has 150A main panel. House has...
11
11

Building a treehouse in the redwood grove of a neighbor (pics included)
Just thought I'd share with you guys some pics of the treehouse in the redwoods my neighbor asked me to help him start this weekend: Here's a shot of the ladders we strapped to the redwood trees: This...
59
59