Subject Author Posted Replies

Confused on using tandem breaker in Murray 200A/ 40 ckt panel
I needed to add a circuit to my Murray 200A panel. The panel was installed 10 years ago. I purchased a Murray twin breaker from Lowes, and I installed in the panel with no problem. Then I did some...
15
15

outdoor temp sensor/ Boiler reset control for steam boiler?
I've seen these boiler reset controls to sense outdoor temperature to compensate for the water temperature flowing through hydronic radiators. Just curious do they make anything for a 1 zone steam...
12
12

LED flashlight report for home repair
I was in Walmart, today and had a weak moment. The 10 LED lantern by Rayovac was whimpering and begging to be taken home. The price scanner was not working. Found a Waldroid, who had to go get a 18 or...
65
65

metal commode parts
I have commodes made by COTTO and Atlantis. The parts in the water tank are almost all metal, not plastic. These commodes are about 15 years old. Where can I find parts? Are there plastic equivalent I...
1
1

Gorilla Glue / Polyurethane Glue Question
Hello, I may be wrong, but I think that Gorilla Glue product is a Polyurthane glue. Correct ? In any event, when would one use this Gorilla glue rather than, e.g., the typical 2 part epoxy ? Would be...
11
11

New product plugs gap in chain link fencing and protects your pets
There has never been an available product on the market to solve the problems associated with the installation of a chain link fence post having to be installed next to a house or other structure. No...
4
4

OT On FWD, how easily should the front hub turn?
OT On FWD, how easily should the front hub turn? I'm not sure hub is the right word. The 2000 Toyota Camry Solara as front wheel drive, and I'm chaning the right half-axle. I have the axle out and the...
4
4

Bricks on Concrete Porch
Lovely Miseries Bob is pestering me to put brick on the porch. I have limited info and practically no experience using mortar except repairing small areas of concrete. The story I got at HD was to get...
2
2

OT Walmart sucks
I called to find out if they had drafting supplies. The woman said......What department is that? I said, I don't know. I was hoping you knew. She said......Huh. I will connect you with stationary. I...
43
43

New roof
Time for a new roof here. The roof I have is a double layer. My parents had that done about 20 years ago. I can remember water coming in at the fireplace when it rained. I thought the rain was coming...
9
9

removing rust
Stormin Mormon soaked rusty pliers in HCl. Rbowman recommended phosphoric acid, sold to etch concrete. That reminded me of naval jelly. I knew it contained phosphoric acid. It also contains a gel and...
23
23

new roof?? (pretty long)
I only have a couple thoughts for you. 1. You might hire an ex-roofer as your consultant to make sure the roofer you hire does the job right. Your consultant will have no interest in allowing the...
5
5

Burned out timer contact on Whirlpool dryer.
I've already ordered a new timer but, is there away to repair this timer? I still have the tiny circular copper contact disk. How would someone adhere it back on if they had to? Bonus expert question:...
21
21

Rusting air handler coils
Hello AHR folks, it's been a while since I've asked you helpful folks for help. I have a heat pump with an indoor air handler, purchased in 2002. I found water standing on my basement floor and after...
46
46

Finding main line cleanout plug
I can't access internet right now, so I posted a sketch at Will probably get yelled at by the Androids. The sketch shows all the drains in the house. There is no main clean out plug visible on the...
8
8