Subject Author Posted Replies

Hot Air Furnace Duct Cleaning: Good Idea ?
Hello, Family member has been diognosed with mild asthma. Lives in a house with hot air heating. House about 30 yrs old. Was thinking of suggesting that they have the hot air ducts cleaned out by one...
32
32

damn that Julie Bove!
She sticks her toe in her for just a moment, and the newsgroup goes all to hell like the other groups she hangs out in. The thread on water pressure regulator has taken on a nasty tone that does not...
143
143

opening the hood without a sledge hammer
Every couple of months or so, I top off my car battery with a charger to clean up the plates. A couple of days ago, it had been on about 12 hours and as down to 100ma. I put the equipment away and...
40
40

wood door sill question
I have a rotted door sill (among other things), a consequence of contact a concrete stoop. I've taken care of the stoop issues, and I need to replace stuff. The wood (oak) sills I've seen aren't...
7
7

"Sears Appliance and Hardware Store" vs. Sears.com
Found a set of sockets at and went to the local "Sears Appliance and Hardware Store" that replaced the "real Sears" store in the mall many years back, only to find that the item was $30 more than the...
11
11

How to get rid of fruit flies all over my kitchen
Suddenly, we had fruit flies all over the kitchen, so, we went on a hunt and found a bag of Costco grapefruits where the lower one was their home. Throwing out the entire set, we *still* have...
18
18

How to remove and replace a snap ring in a FWD car
How to remove and replace a snap ring in a FWD car. I hit a curb with my car and broke in half the right half-axle, broke a big chunk out of the RF rim and a piece the size of a tea-cup saucer from...
35
35

water pressure regulator question
Sept 30, 2014, Tuesday Parents house, when I was a kid the water pressure always 52 PSI at the gauge. I was there today, and it was 78 PSI. Isn't that rough on gaskets, valves, seats, etc? I turned on...
39
39

Refrigerator Water Dispenser problem
My refrigerator (Samsung side by side) water dispenser was working fine but the inline filter I had install was at end of life so I bought a new one. it's installed in the cabinets next to the...
8
8

What will dissolve hair, but not hurt pipes?
Hey people, got this problem with the tub drain, and am wodering what I can use on it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks much Dave
15
15

How to get Glidden paint to adhere to joint compound skim coat?
This is just in one area, everywhere else seems ok, same materials, too. and I KNOW there is no moisture leaking etc. One small area of resurfacing, I'm having difficulty getting the paint to adhere...
38
38

Do you ever put the two-stroke oil per TANK of fuel in a chainsaw?
gfretwell wrote, on Tue, 30 Sep 2014 01:24:20 -0400: That is probably a good idea. I actually have been mixing 2 gallons at a time (because I have a two- gallon gasoline jug), but, the gas I just put...
23
23

Motion lights will not turn off...
The lights were installed about 4 days ago and were doing well.... Today I had adt added to home and now the motion lights came on and are staying on for couple hours.... any suggestions ???
12
12

Do they make a timer light switch that goes off but is also inexpensive?
My wife never shuts off the lights, so, what I need is a switch that shuts itself off. The timed light switches at Lowes are around $25, which is too much. Do they even make a timed light switch which...
2
2

Verizon Fios nightmare
I had Fios for about 2 years. It featured poor service, noise on line to po int line was unsuable, battery failure, non responsive reps, endless callin g of tech support, after going thru many...
23
23