Subject Author Posted Replies

Who does the best wheel alignments?
1) After all the damage to my wheels, etc. I figure I should have the wheels aligned. A toyota. Who do you think does the best job? A Toyotal dealer, Firestone, PepBoys, or a gas station with busy...
34
34

Nobel prize for blue
I think 3 people won the Nobel Prize in physics for inventing the blue LED. Did the inventor of the first (red) LED get a Nobel prize. It seems a lot harder to invent the first one than the third or...
19
19

carpet cleaner and central air
In the last year or two, less water was dripping from the drain of my central air conditioner. The overflow drain wasn't dripping. I didn't know where the water was going. When I turned on the gas...

Delta Faucet Repair Question ?
Hello, Have the typical Delta single handle kitchen faucet, and also the two handle, separate hot and cold, style Bathroom type. Both are quite a number of years old, and can't find any documentation...
2
2

Home Generator Question
I have a WEN Power Pro Model 9000 16HP generator. It has a female funny-looking plug on the side labelled DC 12V 8.3A I have never known what this plug is for, nor can I find any info on it in the...
11
11

OT - Canada Geese gathering for flight south
I drove past Assiniboine Park here in Winnipeg this morning on the way to my sister's house for Thanksgiving dinner. They have some pretty big fields in Assiniboine Park where there are 4 baseball...
22
22

Power Generator Question
I have a WEN Power Pro Model 9000 16HP generator. It has a female funny-looking plug on the side labelled DC 12V 8.3A I have never known what this plug is for, nor can I find any info on it in the...
35
35

I have a big ugly concrete block in my wall. Help please.
It's from an old ac wall unit. The previous home owners removed it and just filled the entire hole from one side to the other with concrete. I'm only concerned with the interior for now. The concrete...
10
10

Can and LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight?
Can an LED floodlight possibly be as bright as a real floodlight? The fixture will be mounted about 24 feet above the ground so it has to be bright. The people who rate the one below say it's very...
71
71

plumbing propane in new construction
Thanks for reading and I appreciate your thoughts. I need to get propane in before winter gets to central Texas. I have a small shed that I bought in shell form and I've finished out the inside. I've...
1
1

Plumbing
A bit of water was dripping through the ceiling right below the toilet. No water on the bathroom floor...so I decided that I better replace the wax seal. It looked pretty bad but replacing it did not...
21
21

electricity prices
I'm curious about the cost of electricity in various areas. Last month, I paid $88.06 total (includes all taxes, fees, etc.) for 641kwh in Birmingham AL. What do you folks pay and in what general...
67
67

Capillary thermmostat vs. Bi-metal ones
Hi, While fixing our PTAC wall mount Carrier unit in sun room, I wondered I can replace SPDT capillary thermostat for heat/cool running on 220V AC. Unit contains 6KW rated heating element/heat pump....
8
8

animal cutting branches off tree
I have a hickory tree that I have notices some small branches with leaves on them on the ground. Looking at the , they are about 1/4 inch in diameter and look like they were cut like a tubing cutter...
21
21

If a thread takes months, is it better to stay on the same thread?
My habits are to read the top 10 or 20 threads (whatever fits on one screen), so, I wouldn't see a thread that is old, by a few weeks. On the other hand, there's a thread about the treehouse in the...
27
27