Subject Author Posted Replies

converting 2 wire T-Stat to Wi-Fi Tstat ( have spare wires)
Hello. I currently have a Honeywell standard display T-stat. It has only 2 wires connected to the R & W terminals to control my Weil-Mclain steam bo iler. The T-stat is battery operated. I have spare...
8
8

LV post light - how to make this right?
@ GF's place... renter just moved out... post light has never worked. After his stuff was all moved out I went into his room to tighten some stuf f up and found this... 24VAC transformer screwed to...
5
5

Circline wows
I have 4 cheapo circline fixtures in my house; 2 in the utility room and one in each of 2 bedroom closets. They each have 2 circline bulbs, a 22 watt and a 32 watt, with an electronic ballast and a...
14
14

Installing french door. (Installing frame without doors)
I just bought a 72x80 French Door for my patio. It is heavy. I thought abou t taking the pins off the door hinges and removing the doors. And temporari ly installing the frame. (Because it is...
14
14

OT sticky yellow plastic
I've got an old Radio Shack FRS walkie talkie. The yellow soft plastic is sticky. I tried Simple Green, no better. Now trying Armor All, which also doesn't seem to help. The soft yellow side is worse...
27
27

Comments on led wifi light bulb needed from Stormin'
LIFX Wi-Fi enabled LED smart lighting. Connect your lights with IFTTT, Amazon Alexa, Samsung SmartThings, Apple HomeKit, Flic, Nest, Google Assistant and more. Control your lights via iPhone and...
9
9

What doee one call this?
What do you call the material that all those signs strapped to tellephone poles and on wires stuck in the ground are made of? By people who have no respect for public property. They start off as...
16
16

What is Mr. Cheater's first name?
What is Mr. Cheater's first name? I wanted to read up about him, but can't find Mr. Cheater online. The inventor of the Cheater bar. There are so many things that couldn't get done without his...
15
15

Snowthrower tire ... where's the flat
This is driving me crazy. One of my snowthrower's tires has a _really_ slo w leak. I've pumped it up to like 70lbs and put it under water and there a re no bubbles. However, if I wait a few weeks sure...
19
19

Circuit breakers
I recently had to replace a 90 amp breaker with a 100 amp breaker, I was told they don't make 90 amps anymore, will this effect anything with a higher amp breaker. The house is 20 years old.
4
4

OT for home repair -- Urgent -- How to remove rear lower control arm, Toyota?
Respond as soon as possible please. Car up on stands right now. I want to take it down by 11PM at latest. Besides front end damage, that I've repaired, the rear forward right lower control arm, on my...
29
29

Dishwasher repair
I have a dishwasher model number du930pwss0. It will not turn on. There is power to the dishwasher. I measured power on both sides of the door switch. There is 120 volts on both the brown and black...
1
1

Too Much Stuff
As we get closer to selling our big empty nest and moving to a two bedroom condo I look at my lifetime collection of hand and power tools plus drawers and boxes of electrical, plumbing, hardware and...
32
32

Should I use flat or beveled faicet washers?
I don't know whether my faucets should use flat or beveled washers. The house was built in1979. I think that's the biggest clue. Sorry, I don't know who made the faucets. In one bathroom silnk and...
1
1

Home surveillance IP video cam software
I thought I asked this some time ago but cannot find a past post. Therefore, I'm asking if anyone uses or is familiar with video monitoring software for the home? Currently, I have 6 IP cams and want...
4
4