68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800 sq ft home

Page 3 of 3
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Actually that is what happened. There has almost always been quotas and lines. It took my great-great grandfather almost five years to get the okay to come over. I would be the same place because my GGF obeyed the law at the time. If I really did not want to share, I would be suggesting that the quotas be lowered to nothin', which I am not.
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
-Unknown

So quotas end up keeping those who obey the law out.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

No, those who obey the law get in. Of course your pointis pretty much why those found illegally should be shipped back home immediately.
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
-Unknown
Kurt Ullman wrote:

Here in North Carolina, there is a move afoot to not only allow the children of illegal aliens to attend our colleges, but to give them INSTATE tuition!
I agree with the concept that more education is a good thing for society in general. Where I break with this is the thought that somebody legally born in South Carolina 10 miles on the other side of the NC_SC border would be required to pay out of state tuition while these illegals would get the instate rate. That just isn't right.
The argument has been made that they ought to be allowed to attend because they've graduated from our public schools. How did that happen? Who let them register?
We have become a nation of enablers.
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com

Quota:     1 : a proportional part or share; especially : the share or proportion assigned to each in a division or to each member of a body 2 : the number or amount constituting a proportional share 3 : a fixed number or percentage of minority group members or women needed to meet the requirements of affirmative action
    Now try again.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I havew no idea the point you are trying to make.
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
-Unknown

    It appears from your response that you don't understand a quota vs some sort of requirement based on some factor like race, religion, criminal history etc.
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I understand quotas, I was arguing for them, if you will remember.
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
-Unknown
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That is correct. I had a Norwegian roommate many years ago who came to this country to learn how to fly and gain enough experience to get a flying job back in his own country. He spoke English. He attended the North American Institute of Aviation, received his private and commercial licenses, along with instrument and multiengine ratings, and then became a CFI. That's how I met him: he was hired to teach flying at the company where I was a charter pilot.
He went on to earn an airline transport license and a Learjet type rating, then went home to Norway. As it turned out, he couldn't find a flying job in Norway (or even Scandinavia). He couldn't come back to the US either. He works today as an electrician in Norway.
The irony is that if he'd been a Mexican, he'd probably be living down the street. No quotas for them!
Mortimer Schnerd, RN mschnerd at carolina.rr.com
On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:05:54 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I am for giving immigrants coming in the front door an easy way. I am for shooting the ones coming in the back door.