68 illegals apply for MD license/ID card gave same address-800 sq ft home

Page 1 of 3
OT but these are the people taking taxpayer bucks in the form of gvmt money and US citizen jobs...including construction and repair service.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/mar/29/foes-denounce-drivers-license-bill-as-amnesty
====================
Maryland is one of only four states - along with Hawaii, New Mexico and Washington state - that do not check the immigration status of persons trying to obtain a driver's license.
The situation has gotten so bad that businesses run classified ads in Spanish-language publications in the District, Virginia and Maryland urging "undocumented Hispanic friends" to take advantage of the opportunity to get a Maryland ID without having to prove they are in the country legally.
In one case, Maryland motor vehicle officials say, 68 people applying for licenses and identification cards gave the same address for an 800-square-foot home in Baltimore.
The real problem is the legislators, who vote for such programs. Time to remind the legislators in those four states, they work for us. That will be as effective as when people call their legislators to vote against the "stimulus" pork package. About 98% of us said not to pass the pork bill, and see what good it did for us to all call and write. Bitter? Yes, I can! Sarcastic? Yes, I can!
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

So apparently you're one of those people who would be perfectly happy kicking all them damn Meskins back to Mexico and barring the border.
Fine; I ain't going to argue morality or politics (though your attitude flunks on both counts). But tell me this: who's gonna pick your food? Who's going to clean your offices? Watch your kids? Mow your lawn and rake your yard? Provide cheap day labor for thousands of contractors?
mostly pears.

Those now being paid to do nothing (they gets a check) who used to pick food, clean offices, watch kids, mow lawns, rake yards, provide cheap day labor for contractors.
You would not believe (as I never did) the extent SSI is scammed until you have lived in the midst of it as I have first hand. I mean it...you would not believe it is possible.

Funny, isn't it the libs that want higher wages for entry level workers? If you got rid of all the illegal aliens, simple economics says that wages for the jobs they are doing would rise until they were filled.
But then, libs don't think that way. I was having a discussion post 911 with two guys that owned a restaurant. It was back when Bush was proposing the temporary guest worker program, so that Mexicans could come here legally and documented for a period of 2 years to work. These two guys were telling me one advantage of the slowing US economy was that they now had English speaking help in their kitchen. So, I asked them what they thought of Bush's proposed plan. "Why that's EXPLOITATION!" So, here you have two libs that have been employing illegals, yet when Bush proposed to have a system where guest workers could come here legally, that is exploitation. With Bush's plan, the guest workers being here legally would get higher wages and not be subject to exploitation, because they couldn't be turned in and deported.
I can't begin to imagine the mental gymnastics these two morons must have to go through in their own minds to try to reconcile such bizarre contradictions. It's part of BDR.

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:49:48 -0800, David Nebenzahl

Do me a favor. Check your state from the map. http://www.usdoj.gov/dea/fugitives/fuglist.htm Pick a state. Any state
You don't think we have a problem?

Just the ones that jump the queue. The US lets in around 37.5 million legal immigrants every year with Mexico getting the single largest group. BTW: This quota is far bigger than any other country in the world.

The prices will go up, things will get mechanized, or the work won't get done. That's they way it works.
--
When I split an infinitive, God damn it, I split it so it will stay split.
Raymond Chandler

You forgot to include who will do drywall hanging, carpentry, plumbing, painting and electrical work, as many of those jobs are bein done by mexican immigrants too.

Obviously Merricans. Maybe some of them get back to real work; not like working in them Auto-Mobile plants, makin cars nobody wants to buy and uses do much gas you can smell them for week afterwards. And wot happened to them 'lectric cars'? Don't worry the Chinese and Germans will/are making them anyway. Or them so called Dee-fence factories making weapons that are used for 'offence'? Chasing pahantom profits in 'Stock exchanges'? Stock exchanges!!! Huh! More like 'credit printing' factories.
Mebbee about growing some food; planting some trees? Quote; "Ah yes. I used to work for Chrysler; made the biggest most wasteful cars in the world. More unecessary features on em than single man jazz band! And they only lasted ten years or so afore they was broke or discarded to be replaced by another monstrosity!"
How come we've built an economy so dependent on imported oil, imported goods, use so much water (saw a guy other day using fresh drinking quality treated water to wash down his driveway!), live in cities that become so polluted, leaving aside the debate, if in fact it is one, about the effect on the planet of digging stuff up; including coal, oil, natural gas and then burning it using up the lesser amount of oxygen cos we are cutting down all the trees.
Ah well nature itself has a wonderful way of teaching us a lesson!
Maybe fewer people in this world awould be a start? We could begin with the biggest polluters and users of world resources; us!
Think about it anyway!
Gone to plant a few carrots.

Turning the USA into a 3rd World Country isn't the answer. I'll bet you'd do cartwheels & backflips at the thought of exploiting children to sew your clothes.
Get the welfare bums to work .

Red Green wrote:

I read about a Florida woman working as a practical nurse. She stole credit cards from two of her clients and used their stolen identities to get student loans. To further her education in nursing. Why anyone that stupid still has a pulse is beyond me. She wasn't an immigrant, BTW.

PA must also be bad because all the illegals in DE are driving cars with PA tags. If you live in DE for a month or two you are required to register the car in DE but nobody enforces the law. They also have no insurance. I know 3 people involved in accidents caused by illegals.
Frank wrote:

Only in the general Philly area because there are lots of votes there for the blue team so they selectively enforce laws especially those pertaining to motor vehicle registration and auto insurance.
So what? ACORN registered 814 citizens, some of them alive, to a vacant lot in Baltimore.
They are really losing their edge, if only some of the voters were dead.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
On 03/30/09 08:20 pm SteveB wrote:

That's a result of having organizations paying people a commission for signing people up. Once the registrations were turned in to ACORN, the organization was obligated to pass them on -- and in many cases with notations that they probably were phony.
Even if you don't make voting compulsory, make registration compulsory -- or automatic by some means or other. Problem solved.
Perce
Percival P. Cassidy wrote:

We used to have a poll tax. Had to pay to register. AND you had to register in January to be able to vote in November. And you had to own taxable property to be able to vote on bond issues.
No more.
Sniff.

Or you could just make it illegal to pay commissions.
--
Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy.
-Unknown

The Dems registered a bunch of people in Cleveland to the City Hall.