Subject Author Posted Replies

OT - medical problems
A bit off topic for home repair, but the folks on this list do discuss concerns now and again. Pants that fall down, etc. Yesterday, thanksgiving. My phone rang, and it's David, a man I've met a...

half my power gone - sizzle
Where was the sizzle? You having steak for dinner? I expected to read that your furnace, TV, something got sizzled. Oh, well....
2
2

Walmart's "Running of the Low Lifes"
Yes, it's the annual Black Friday stampede of low lifes at a store near you. https://junglejoys.com Jungle Joys | One of A Kind Animal Print Clothes And Shoes Walmart Worker Dies Black Friday Fight...
15
15

Help with VCR remote (Victor model PQ10956)
I've got the subject remote control that came with a JVC HR-D720U VCR. The VCR is long gone, as well as the user's manual. However, I found the remote and would like to program it to use as a remote...
10
10

Patio Door
In our Family Room we have a Pella 8' slider about 17+ years old. The stationary side is in perfect condition, but the moving half has some rot in the bottom panel. Not sure how bad it is, but where...
7
7

LCD TV & cold temps
I have a 22" LCD TV on my back porch and was wondering if I should bring it in for the winter. I am in western NC where the temp sometimes can be dip into the teens during the night, but not very...
7
7

This just in
In Istanbul, rioters stoned the American consulate when it was reported that millions of Americans were planning to eat Turkey.
4
4

Painter's tape sticking to new caulk
I just finished some outside painting and am having a problem with painter's tape that is sticking to new caulking around windows. It's latex type caulk that was applied a couple weeks ago. Then...
8
8

Backup power
While trying to come up with something more to worry about, I thought of my backup battery. I have a 12 v deep discharge lead acid battery with a Battery Tender wall wart charger. I check the battery...
28
28

Cold room construction
I would like to put the drywall and tiles into cold room , will thy drywall/tiles crack because of the low temperature or condensed water happens ? Thanks,
12
12

sleeving an old drainage pipe to public sewer possible ?
Looking for advice /experience with possibility/pros/cons of sleeving an existing old public sewer connection (house lateral) with PVC. The old drain pipe is 6" concrete sections. Could that drainage...
8
8

Out of cement?
The city was supposed to replace the alley behind my house last month. Got a letter today that it won't be done until next year because of a cement shortage. No big deal but I never knew there was a...
23
23

Removing sink intact from cultured marble vanity-top
We want to remove our cultured marble vanity tops but want to re-use our china sinks. We are not sure of the best way to un-attach the sink from the marble without breaking the sink. Any ideas?
3
3

Electric space heater repair question
I had a $20 space heater fail after about 4.5 yrs of use. It looks the nichrome filament burned through near a crimp fastener (below is a pic). Is there any cheap easy method of repairing this,...
45
45

Need New Vacuum - Recommend?
My Hoover bagless upright just destroyed itself. Need to buy a new vacuum. I know this might produce a lot of opinions, but I have to ask - What should I buy and why? Anyone? JW
34
34