Subject Author Posted Replies

Does holding the ladder really work?
We've all seen it, we've all probably done it. When you set a ladder on the ground outside, to clean the gutters or go on the roof, the ground is never perfectly level. So to make sure the ladder...
12
12

Electrical Advice Needed - 3 way switch replacement resulting in a dead loop
I am in a townhouse that was built in the late 70s. From what I can tell th e circut breakers, wiring, and electical switches are the original. I have been replacing my older style switches and...
14
14

How big a problem was this.
In the 1950's my father owned half of a building in the old part of a small city. Maybe built around 1900. My uncle had a bar on the first floor, with a slogan something like that of the Cheers bar...
5
5

Propane
Does propane need an oxidant introduced with it to burn? I.e., will it support combustion on its own? Reason I ask is I was reading "Under the Dome" and near the end they have everyone dying from lack...
33
33

House Wrap (Plastic sheeting)
This is about that plastic wrapping they use to cover the exterior of a house under the siding. (Not a house that plays Rap Music) :) Anyhow, it seems that every new house built, and every house that...
17
17

electrical tape - "beige" color
Sure wish 3M would make the following electrical tape in "beige" color. Scotch/3M 6132-BA-100 Plastic Electrical Tape, 3/4 x 66-Inch The tape's pressure-sensitive, rubber-resin adhesive and a durable...
32
32

New Front Door Hardware
I need a new front door, hardware, etc. Door will probably be of steel, with two pre-drilled cutouts (one for deadbolt lock, one for handle). With that in mind, I have some general questions involving...
4
4

Cleaning Cat5/RJ45 Connectors?
I've got a few IP cameras down at the New Jersey shore where they are subject to the typical marine environment. Even the indoor connections are eventually affected. Been using some stuff from Radio...
19
19

Any feedback on Satco LED bulbs?
Hi All, The only CFL bulbs I could get to have any lifespan at all were from Satco. It is getting time to buy more, so I though it would be a good time to try out LED lamps instead. Anyone have any...
2
2

WINTER TIP - Frozen Clothing on your Body
That's profound advice, and may save a life. As to moving water to your stock, is there any way to run (thinking out loud) an overhead tube, with a LOT of slope, so you can pump water, then unconnect...
10
10

Cable connection for broadband & phone
There is a battery in my Comcast phone modem but phone did not work in recent power outage. Maybe battery powers wifi only. Have not tested it that much but I have UPS's on computers and internet...
47
47

EZ Clean Spark Plug
I'll bet most of you aren't old enough to have seen a spark plug like this one I've got in my "Hell box". Jeff http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/jeff/plug.html
9
9

Removing Diesel Fuel odor from Couch
A few days ago, I used some diesel fuel to flush the crud out of a gearbox on a piece of machinery. Some of it got on my pants after the funnel tipped to the side. When I came in the house to warm up,...
7
7

duncan hine food and vegetable cutter
I need 3 rubber feet for the duncan hines food and vegetables cutter that I inherited from my mother. Does anyone know where I can purchase them? I live in victoria, bc, canada and have looked all...
10
10

Verizon vs Time Warner
FIOS is a trademark. FIber Optic Services. More important, it's FTTP (Fiber To The Premises). That means the Optical cable comes right to your house. There are various packages with different speeds....
8
8