Subject Author Posted Replies

Fix Worn Camera Ball Joint?
Got an el-cheapo IP cam where the aiming is by friction on a ball joint. viz: But this one has been aimed one too many times with tension on the joint and the cross-hatching on the ball and/or the...
5
5

Download speed slower than Upload Speed
(This is a new question about a different Verizon DSL line from my previous posts about DSL vs cable.) I'm working at another location now which has Verizon DSL. The speed of uploading files via FTP...
22
22

All repairs complete
This summer I had a huge list of necessary home repairs. As of yesterday I finally got completely caught up. I now have two full days to relax until "next years" list comes out. Some of my chores...
8
8

Painting predicament.
I'm prepping a room for painting- a guy showed me a trick of using paintabl e/sand able silicone caulk over minor hairline cracks and I have had luck i t in the past.. However this time, I used the...
4
4

Gluing plastics - tips?
I have an adjustable "sleeve" with telescoping inner sleeve. It locks in p lace with a beefy plastic clip that has pins that push down into holes into the sleeve. Picture a plastic 3/4 circle about...
2
2

Gerber Toilets
Hi All, I have two Kohler toilets in my home. Both worked great until about four months ago when one would not quit running. The plumber has put in two new Fluid Masters, and it still runs without...
23
23

Electronic pest repeller
This is a unit that you plug into an outlet and it supposedly does something to the house circuitry that repels pests from the house. "Rids home of mice, rats, and roaches by sending electronic...
18
18

about speakers and impedance
Hi All, This is the first time I post here, I apologize if this has been discussed before. I like to tinker with equipment but my knowledge is basic at best, and it advances along with the problems I...
32
32

Switching an outdoor outlet between GFCI Circuits
I would like to connect an existing outdoor outlet to a GFCI circuit that is on a timer during the Christmas season. I was considering using a three way switch to toggle between the hot side of the...
7
7

The the person who had a stubbon fastener:
Saw an ad for the Easypuller $40. Never used it but it looks interesting. See hth

Spray Paint a Cellphone
I have a basic prepaid cellphone. (Not a smart phone). It's black, and I'm constantly misplacing it, especially in the car. If it was a brighter color, it would be easier to find. It's a flip phone,...
17
17

Connecting Internet from Cable TV Provider
I posted a sketch for this at and Can't post to websites right now due to 3-15Kbps connection speed proudly provided by Verizon DSL. If you can't access those groups, pls tell me what binary groups...
7
7

Recap of 2014 posts
I remember some but not all of the popular posts here. What were your favorites and was a resolution posted. Do you think too many posts are made without research, that have been beaten to death...
15
15

How to stretch Chain Link Fence?
I bought a used dog kennel off Craigslist. It came with 3 usable panels, and one had a hole in the chain link fence (CLF). I only needed 3 panels, because I'm using it for two pet goats. We built them...
4
4

How much should a queen mattress and box spring cost and what do I look for by way of value?
I buy a mattress/boxspring about once every 25 years, so, I really don't know what to look for, or where to buy them. Costco has, in the warehouse, for $600, a Sealy Posturepedic Newfield Queen...
61
61