Subject Author Posted Replies

Sounding rockets at large
Esp. read the first one, how the kids scavenged what was left, and the second one, about the hole. Seventy-five years ago, White Sands Proving Ground flirted with disaster when two German V-2 rockets...

Re: Can mice get thru 1/4" hardware cloth?
You might consider trying to add a deterrent if you put up wire. Biting through something nearby liberally sprayed with pepper juice like Tabasco or the now unfortunately discontinued Whisk, seems to...

O.T. Speed throttling
Does anyone know if Comcast(Xfinity) or youtube throttles the speed? I did a search for it but I mostly found recommendations to get VPN. :slight_smile: Thanks.
1
1

Darkness in the Clothes Dryer Drum
My wife told me the light was out in the clothes dryer drum so I removed the screw holding the awkward to get to clear cover to the light compartment, removed the 10 watt bulb and headed to the HD....
20
20

Speed throttling ?
Does anyone know if Comcast(Xfinity) or youtube throttles the speed? Thanks.
11
11

OT. 162 IQ
A British kid's IQ score puts him up in the range of Steven Hawking and maybe Einstein. He has autism so it would be a mixed blessing. <> The child genius, who travelled to The Quaker Meeting House in...
6
6

REMEMBER, empty MOON LAUNCH tomorrow 8:30 AM ET.
REMEMBER, empty MOON LAUNCH tomorrow 8:30 AM ET.
12
12

Re: Speeding up a stairlift
In on Sat, 27 Aug 2022 16:45:03 +0000, Vonnie <> wrote: I agree as well. You just need a Binford 36HP 110v motor and you can get up the stairs 3 times as fast.
2
2

OT More Florida politics:
More Florida politics: y ou want more of the same: https://www.salon.com/2022/08/25/florida-primary-loser-loomer-declares-herself-a-winner-i-actually-am-the-congresswoman_partner/...
5
5

OT hyptothetical gambling question
Someone who's almost never been to the track bfore is going, not for the races but a job. Friends, or friends of her boyfriend, if that matters, give her 80 dollars to bet on the daily double, which...
8
8

OT. Affordable Connectivity Program
The Feds help pay for internet connection. <>OR. <> Get Lifeline Get Lifeline
4
4

Electric shaver discovery
I discovered that you can use shaving cream with both a rotary shaver and the Andis shaver. Just rinse the heads off 2 -3 times during your shave. It produces a shave that is as close as a blade...
24
24

direct TV remote
I have a direct tv remote that is the Genie rc73. A red led started coming on and sometimes it will go off. While on the remote will not work. Anyone else have this problem ? I did leave the batteries...

220 Pump shorts out after heavy rain
The in ground pool pump runs reliably well except after a rain. If I keep the pump running during the rain it will continue. If the pump is off and it rains then it takes a day maybe two or three...
4
4

O.T. Strategic Petroleum Reserve
I was wondering about the Strategic Petroleum Reserve . I went here. I have some questions about it. Who buys that oil(from the reserve) and what do they pay for it? If the reserve paid $40 a barrel...
9
9